Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Eyeing Munguia, Gilberto Ramirez, Joseph Diaz Tripleheader Around Cinco De Mayo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Eyeing Munguia, Gilberto Ramirez, Joseph Diaz Tripleheader Around Cinco De Mayo

Oscar De La Hoya was a mainstay fighting around Cinco de Mayo week throughout his illustrious 16-year career. As a promoter, the boxing icon created the same opportunities around the Mexican holiday for the fighters he helped build, chiefly Canelo Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was hoping it would go up against carnelos 5 de Mayo fight so I'd have some real boxing to see. A triple header with those guys is a really good card.

Comment

against top level competition or vs bums
      Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Hopefully the fights are competitive.

Munguia vs Zhanibek
        Ramirez vs Johnson
        Diaz vs Zepeda.

Would be my pick.

Comment

I like the idea but no soft competition please.

Comment

Originally posted by maespinoza1990 View Post
            against top level competition or vs bums
            oh hmmm i dont knowwwwwwwwww
            asgarth asgarth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Munguia vs Zhanibek
              Ramirez vs Johnson
              Diaz vs Zepeda.

Would be my pick.

That would be very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Munguia vs Zhanibek
                Ramirez vs Johnson
                Diaz vs Zepeda.

Would be my pick.

Beat me to it , one of the worst things in boxing is overmatched opponents. This is why I miss Solo Boxeo and Ring City .. yes they are C-B Level fighter's but atleast I don't know the outcome.

One of my fav fights from last year was Alejandro Martinez 2-1-1 vs 4-0 Pablo Valdez two Journeyman putting on a show . Promoters should focus more on fun competitive fights then overmatched opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Beat me to it , one of the worst things in boxing is overmatched opponents. This is why I miss Solo Boxeo and Ring City .. yes they are C-B Level fighter's but atleast I don't know the outcome.

One of my fav fights from last year was Alejandro Martinez 2-1-1 vs 4-0 Pablo Valdez two Journeyman putting on a show . Promoters should focus more on fun competitive fights then overmatched opponents.
                  Solo Boxeo had a great run, loved that. Top the card with either a prospect or a veteran name that all boxing fans knew and it could really draw people in and they'd show up to watch those undercards.

this card could setup the same way: Ramirez or Muguia has to take on someone logical though.

Comment

Oscar trying to make Mexican Holiday Boxing weekends great again. Those weekends have gone downhill steadily for years now.
                    Maximilib Maximilib likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X