Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Janibek Alimkhanuly Interim Title Fight Ordered By WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Janibek Alimkhanuly Interim Title Fight Ordered By WBO

Jaime Munguia insisted following his latest win that he is ready to move toward a major title. One sanctioning body is prepared to challenge that claim. The World Boxing Organization (WBO) has formally ordered an interim middleweight title fight between Tijuana's Munguia (39-0, 31KOs) and Kazakhstan's Janibek Alimkhanuly (11-0, 7KOs), the sanctioning body's highest two ranked contenders in the division. Whereas Munguia has grown comfortable in stretching out his number-one ranking, the former WBO junior middleweight titlist and current top 160-pound contender is officially on the clock.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mungia doesn’t need these punks

Comment

What happened to Andrade - Janibek?

Comment

Andrade moving up to super middleweight to fight Parker for eliminator for Super Mid WBO belt.

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Comment

Fight won't happen! Munguia totally focused on the oldest champ @ 160, GGG. I don't know what GBP's Plan B is, if Canelo signs the 2 fight deal with DAZN? Would they try to make Charlo vs. Munguia? I doubt it, but time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            Andrade moving up to super middleweight to fight Parker for eliminator for Super Mid WBO belt.

Probably a smart career move, but a convenient time to move up as well. Would have been his toughest fight at 160 so far.

Comment

I just want to see Munguia fight progressively better opposition. And if this interim fight does happen, hopefully it's within a few months. He didn't sustain much damage in his last outing. I'd like to see Munguia be active like a younger GGG on his journey towards a world title.

Comment

Probably a smart career move, but a convenient time to move up as well. Would have been his toughest fight at 160 so far.
                Yeah but Jamie has been the #1 WBO contender at middleweight for the last 2 years/5 fights, Jaime could've enforced a title fight any time he wanted to

Comment

Andrade ducked him big time
                  Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Yeah but Jamie has been the #1 WBO contender at middleweight for the last 2 years/5 fights, Jaime could've enforced a title fight any time he wanted to
                    I'm talking about Andrade avoiding the Janibek fight. Jamie has avoided big fights too but all of these guys 'duck' in their own way.

Comment

Working...
                    X