Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taming The Lion: Arslanbek Makhmudov's Teachable Moment In Montreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taming The Lion: Arslanbek Makhmudov's Teachable Moment In Montreal

By Corey Erdman - Among Arslanbek Makhmudov's many talents is his ability to look frightening. When considering why Makhmudov has the level of hype that he has at the moment, this ability is crucial. With angular eyebrows, a scruffy beard that concedes ground to a tire-thick neck and oversized chiseled bodily features, Makhmudov photographs like an action movie villain without the...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not a fan of any fighter in theyre prime fighting old timers 38 plus, they've only got 4 good rounds in them.
    To many morons say no heavyweights are different... Only because the promoter's told you that.
    Just look at Brooke Khan at 35 they're shot, 36 is my cut off point at around that age your not the same.

Different note, i read last night Whytes ducking & Hearn will pay him to fight on Dazn & not bt. Any 2nd source?
    Last edited by Bob; 02-21-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
      Not a fan of any fighter in theyre prime fighting old timers 38 plus, they've only got 4 good rounds in them.
      To many morons say no heavyweights are different... Only because the promoter's told you that.
      Just look at Brooke Khan at 35 they're shot, 36 is my cut off point at around that age your not the same.

Different note, i read last night Whytes ducking & Hearn will pay him to fight on Dazn & not bt. Any 2nd source?
      Usyk just had by far the best win of his career at 35. But I guess by your standards he's got 11 months left until he's shot.

Comment

For all we know, he was ok with eating those jabs, but it seems like he is going to need to get some better lateral head movement and better body work. He could have had total domination in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

I think it's a combination of things for Heavyweights, as their careers do tend to end later.

Many heavys pick up the sport late, so their body has been through less damage and stress. They also don't deal with difficult weight cuts for decades, whereas at the lower weights fighters will cram into a division for years and then suddenly when they're older they can't cut weight and recover their stamina etc, so are forced into divisions with bigger, younger guys. And there never tends to be many high-workrate heavies – so fighters can by crafty, pick their shots and box a little more rather than needing to be in the physical prime of their life.
          SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

I think it's a combination of things for Heavyweights, as their careers do tend to end later.

Many heavys pick up the sport late, so their body has been through less damage and stress. They also don't deal with difficult weight cuts for decades, whereas at the lower weights fighters will cram into a division for years and then suddenly when they're older they can't cut weight and recover their stamina etc, so are forced into divisions with bigger, younger guys. And there never tends to be many high-workrate heavies – so fighters can by crafty, pick their shots and box a little more rather than needing to be in the physical prime of their life.
            It waries from person to person regardless of weight.

Khan and Brook aren't shot "because they are 34 and 35"

Brook is shot because he got his eye sockets crushed by Golovkin, doesn't live the life and blows up in weight between every fight and gets macheted in the shin on a nightclub island.

Khan is shot because hes been ktfo multiple times and because he's a semi retired boxer who hasn't had a real fight for 3 years.

Crawford is literally 6 months younger than brook but hasn't had his skull smashed in by a middleweight ATG puncher and lives like a professional athlete.

You can't just pick an arbritraty age and say "that's when fighters are finished"
            ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

It waries from person to person regardless of weight.

Khan and Brook aren't shot "because they are 34 and 35"

Brook is shot because he got his eye sockets crushed by Golovkin, doesn't live the life and blows up in weight between every fight and gets macheted in the shin on a nightclub island.

Khan is shot because hes been ktfo multiple times and because he's a semi retired boxer who hasn't had a real fight for 3 years.

Crawford is literally 6 months younger than brook but hasn't had his skull smashed in by a middleweight ATG puncher and lives like a professional athlete.

You can't just pick an arbritraty age and say "that's when fighters are finished"
              ​​​

I was only talking about heavys.

Comment

Time for him to step up for some real challenges.

Comment

Let him fight one of the many decently ranked, idle HW's in the USA. Jermaine Franklin comes to mind. We'll see how much hype that remains.

Comment

Working...
                  X