Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marqus Bates, After Late Start, Feels He Can Go Very Far in The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marqus Bates, After Late Start, Feels He Can Go Very Far in The Sport

Marqus Bates doesn't need boxing. A 35-year-old married father of a teenage son, Bates works as a union truck driver, and it's a steady gig, but there's still something in his chest and his gut that makes him put on the gloves and get into a sanctioned fistfight when the phone rings with a request for his services.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-18-2022, 08:37 AM.

There' no story here. I think the site is just trying to fill up a page. When I say "no story" I really mean there are 10 million stories like that, and all nearly the same. He had no choice. He had EVERY Choice, why doesn't he be satisfied enough to just say that he was stupid and brainless and did what he wanted to do at that time.

Why there's a story about an ordinary palooka with 3-4 losses out of 12-13 , I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      There' no story here. I think the site is just trying to fill up a page. When I say "no story" I really mean there are 10 million stories like that, and all nearly the same. He had no choice. He had EVERY Choice, why doesn't he be satisfied enough to just say that he was stupid and brainless and did what he wanted to do at that time.

Why there's a story about an ordinary palooka with 3-4 losses out of 12-13 , I don't know..
      Way to crap on a man who turned his life around after making mistakes in his youth.

​​​​​​
      1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Agree with ShoulderRoll. It isn't an unusual story in boxing but its a decent story & Marquise has shown far more heart & courage than I think I could ever do. I doubt the man will achieve that much in boxing but then people said that about Freddie Pendleton & about Dennis Andries & they was wrong. Never know.

Comment

Working...
        X