Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas vs. Evgeny Romanov Agreement Reached, Purse Bid Avoided

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas vs. Evgeny Romanov Agreement Reached, Purse Bid Avoided

Today's scheduled World Boxing Council (WBC) purse bid has been avoided as Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) announces an agreement has been reached with Titov Promotions, which promotes undefeated mandatory challenger Evgeny Romanov (16-0, 11 KOs), of Russia, for WBC Bridgerweight World Champion Oscar "Kaboom" Rivas' first title defense.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting matchup. I was surprised that Rozicki was able to make the fight with Rivas such a war. Not sure if that says more about Rozicki or maybe Rivas is just a bit shopworn. Don't know much about Romanov but I question his power if he wasn't able to stop Kudryashov.

More importantly, I wonder how long the Bridger weight charade continues to last.
    Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

One of the fights I always wanted to see and wouldn’t have at the old heavyweight WBC class .

Comment

This is a good fight & as someone pointed out it is a matchup we wouldn’t see at HW. Always thought Romanov was not active enough & really hasn’t fought anyone & he finally steps up.

Comment

I hate Bridgerweight, but I like this fight, should be a fun matchup

Comment

Come on Oscar, the ring’s waiting, the people are waiting, and FRES is waiting! What, you think he’s been doing 50 crunches a day for nothing?

Sign the contract, and it’s on!

Comment

While Bridgerweight is basically ridicolous, both Rivas and Romanov are very good fighters. This can be a nice fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                Interesting matchup. I was surprised that Rozicki was able to make the fight with Rivas such a war. Not sure if that says more about Rozicki or maybe Rivas is just a bit shopworn. Don't know much about Romanov but I question his power if he wasn't able to stop Kudryashov.

More importantly, I wonder how long the Bridger weight charade continues to last.
                Rivas is good. He arguably won vs Whyte, despite the official result. His main issue is size which is tiny by todays standards in hw. Rozicki was a warrior in that fight btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post

Rivas is good. He arguably won vs Whyte, despite the official result. His main issue is size which is tiny by todays standards in hw. Rozicki was a warrior in that fight btw.
                  Rivas is good, but he absolutely did not win that fight. I recall zero complaints about the result that night. The knockdown added drama, but Whyte won clearly. Nash out.

Comment

Whyte was more active, but messy as usual and way less effective than Rivas.

Comment

Working...
                    X