Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis-Custio Clayton: IBF Orders March 1 Purse Bid, Though Likely Unnecessary For Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis-Custio Clayton: IBF Orders March 1 Purse Bid, Though Likely Unnecessary For Title Eliminator

One sanctioning body is doing its part to lock in an opponent for Jaron 'Boots' Ennis. Ironically, it comes at a time when such a move isn't necessary. The IBF has assigned a purse bid date of March 1 to determine promotional rights for an welterweight title eliminator between Philadelphia's Ennis (28-0, 26KOs) and Canada's Custio Clayton (19-0-1, 12KOs). The development comes nearly one month after the fight was first ordered by the IBF on January 20, with Tuesday's notice to all IBF-registered promoters suggesting the fight will be made available to the highest bidder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good. Ennis destroys Clayton. the division need a good IBF mandatory.

Comment

If Ennis becomes mandatory, I doubt Spence will ever fight him. He'll fight his other mandatories and then move up to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Good. Ennis destroys Clayton. the division need a good IBF mandatory.
        For real. When was the last time the ibf had a good mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
          If Ennis becomes mandatory, I doubt Spence will ever fight him. He'll fight his other mandatories and then move up to 154.
          Agreed. Spencer has been nothing but a hypejob
          Castilo Castilo ifc ifc like this.

Comment

Clayton is a really solid boxer, Olympian should have been a medalist in the olmypics. Solid fight. with that being said. Boots Ennis is just next level. I think only spence or crawford can beat him and I'm not sure who i'd pick for those. I think Clayton can go rounds maybe even the distance but boots has this.

it wont be for lack of skill or trying I think Boots is Elite

Comment

Solid Fight! Clayton won't be easy and will give Boots a good Test
              Theosis26 Theosis26 likes this.

Comment

Uh ohhhhh welterweight division. Boots is getting mandatories……

What I like about Boots is he’ll have a major belt, at a very young age. Can’t just duck him until he gets old.
                Boxing Beast Boxing Beast likes this.

Comment

Easy peasy for Ennis. Spence is going to have to fight him or vacate, as I don't expect Ugas to beat Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
                    Uh ohhhhh welterweight division. Boots is getting mandatories……

What I like about Boots is he’ll have a major belt, at a very young age. Can’t just duck him until he gets old.
                    24-25 yrs old is young to have a belt but isnt "very young" age. Boots is going to be 25 by June. Assuming he wins, I dont expect that championship fight to be made immediately.

Pac was 19, Floyd, Duran, Inoue was 21 too. These are very young fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X