Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez: I Want To Regain My Titles, Win All of The Belts at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez: I Want To Regain My Titles, Win All of The Belts at 140

Former unified junior welterweight Jose Ramirez (26-1, 17 KOs) is ready to turn the page. Last May, he lost a competitive decision to Josh Taylor for the undisputed title. The road to redemption begins Friday, March 4, at Fresno's Save Mart Center in a 12-rounder against Puerto Rican two-weight world champion Jos? Pedraza (29-3, 14 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

140lbs is a little to small for you. Move up in weight please.
    Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

He's a good fighter. Will definitely be a champion again.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Pedraza is a good come back opponent. I don't mind that fight at all.
        It was a close fight with Taylor, so making a few adjustments will certainly put Lopez in back the mix, he just has to get a mandatory shot by getting back in the ring and earning it. Taylor isn't a ducker, he just has 4 belts to try and keep, which means sorting out mandatory requirements first and foremost.

Comment

I like Jose Ramirez. But, I like Pedraza more. I just really appreciate the wealth of skills he has. I don't favor Pedraza to win the fight, but I'll be rooting for him. And I won't be mad if Ramirez wins since he seems to be a good dude and has a good skill set of his own. I'm just happy to have a competitive, skillful match to look forward to.

Comment

Ramirez can't afford to lose to Jose Pedraza, especially at home! I expect him to bring it, all night! Jose Pedraza also knows that if he loses this fight, it's a wrap! Plus, he knows Arum wants to put him in with Teofimo Lopez at MSG, if he wins! Add to all that, it's Mexico vs. Puerto Rico! All the ingredients for a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post
              I like Jose Ramirez. But, I like Pedraza more. I just really appreciate the wealth of skills he has. I don't favor Pedraza to win the fight, but I'll be rooting for him. And I won't be mad if Ramirez wins since he seems to be a good dude and has a good skill set of his own. I'm just happy to have a competitive, skillful match to look forward to.
              I like both here, but Taylor's my guy and a Ramirez victory adds value to Taylor's win over him. I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor fight Pedraza if he wins, but I can't see it happening, so that's another reason I'm in the Ramirez camp here as if he wins I'll have no desire to see that fight again. It's a 50,50 for sure, but I'm leaning towards Pedraza, as I think his slicker movement might see him edge a decision. But I'm not sure he gets it unless he's clear and decisive as there's a home advantage factor that imo Ramirez has benefited from once before. Real intriguing contest. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                140lbs is a little to small for you. Move up in weight please.
                Can’t really see Ramirez being a big time player at 147. But then again, I can’t see him beating Taylor either.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  He's a good fighter. Will definitely be a champion again.
                  Is Taylor moving up?

Comment

Jose Pedraza is in his natural weight now he's got a good chance of defeating anyone in the 140 pound division.
                    That said they should have a real good fight, because their both top 10 fighters in their division.
                    Pedraza is riding a 3 fight winning streak, and if he can beat Ramirez everyone else in the division better watch out.

Comment

Working...
                    X