No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Ryder vs. Daniel Jacobs - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Ryder vs. Daniel Jacobs - CompuBox Punch Stats

Super middleweight contender John Ryder outlanded Daniel Jacobs 135-123 in total punches, 121-94 in power punches, to win an upset twelve round split decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

More punches despite 203 "lesser punch attempts".
    More power punches.
    Cleaner and crispier power punches.

But but it's a rObBeRy..

Comment

How reliable is punch stat some geek hitting a button when he thinks he sees a punch landed & its each individual round you score that's how you score the fight by rounds not total punches landed.

Comment

The Great Nash does not need inaccurate punch stats. He saw the fight and knows Jacobs won 7-8 rounds and lost due to home cooking. Nash out.

Comment

Not surprised. Watching a second time it was obvious that Jacobs was missing a lot and bouncing off Ryder’s guard a lot too.
          Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Jacobs lost that fire in him. His punches are not crisp. He has zero body punch game. He has jerky movement. He either becomes a gatekeeper or retires. Maybe PBC can throw their 168 fighters at him.
            Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

I watched the first minute of round one and changed the channel. I love Jacobs but it’s time for him to retire.

Comment

Jacobs has been washed and a shell 0d himself. Good win for a guy like Ryder though. Jacob's has been at gatekeeper level for a few years now. Rime to hang em up or except the role.

Comment

Originally posted by JBsports.49 View Post
                  How reliable is punch stat some geek hitting a button when he thinks he sees a punch landed & its each individual round you score that's how you score the fight by rounds not total punches landed.
                  Probably more reliable than the 75-year old men at the Judge's Table who think their scorecard is their Xanax order

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                    More punches despite 203 "lesser punch attempts".
                    More power punches.
                    Cleaner and crispier power punches.

But but it's a rObBeRy..
                    Yes, exactly.

I thought the first half of the fight had a lot of closeish rounds, with Jacobs edging most of those round by keeping Ryder at distance with his jab. There were reasons to think Jacobs might tire in the second half and tire he did. Spectacularly at times I thought. Ryder bossed the 8th and 9th in particular and the whole of the second half in general. I don't see how it's a robbery for a judge to think Ryder won 7 rounds.
                    Last edited by Monty Fisto; 02-13-2022, 11:34 PM.
                    MikeyG MikeyG likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X