Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado: I Had Jacobs Winning The Fight With Ryder; He Got Robbed; He Knows How I Feel Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rosado: I Had Jacobs Winning The Fight With Ryder; He Got Robbed; He Knows How I Feel Now

Even Gabe Rosado thinks Daniel Jacobs beat John Ryder. Rosado, who lost a controversial split decision to Jacobs in November 2020, stated during DAZN's post-fight coverage Saturday night that Jacobs was "robbed" in that streaming service's main event from Alexandra Palace in London. Ryder defeated Jacobs by split decision in what was a very competitive 12-round, WBA 168-pound elimination match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had Jacobs winning by 4 rounds, I can’t really see how Ryder was given the nod.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Jacobs got played I seen the play when the fight got announced Eddie Hearn needs fighters under his stable to entice Canelo now he has Ryder, GGG @ 168 & Bivol @ 175.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

The Rosado fight could've gone either way, legitimately. I barely edged it to Jacobs but I would've been fine with 6-6 or 7-5 to Rosado. Not a robbery either way, just a close and boring fight that we expected Jacobs to dominate. I think because Rosado did better than expected some people were tempted to give him more rounds than he actually earned.

But Jacobs vs Ryder? That was a 9-3 kind of fight. Competitive but not close. Outright robbery.

Comment

Jacobs only won 1 round (10) in the second half of the fight, so it was a very close fight, in fact it looked at times like he could be stopped. Having said that, he won all of the first 6 on my card, so he did win on my card, but they were very eventless rounds, Jacobs didn't really do anything in the fight. He was hurt quite often, not sure Ryder was, but that's not how you score a fight.
          Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Rosado was robbed vs Jacobs, Jacobs was robbed vs Ryder, Ryder was robbed vs Smith. We just need Smith to fight Rosado and get robbed to complete the circle.

Comment

Ryder edged it. He landed more, cleaner and crispier power punches. Also, Ryder had 12 more punches despite 203 lesser punch attempt. Jacobs was crap.

Comment

I thought Rosado edged Jacobs in a lackluster fight and I thought Jacobs edged Ryder in another lackluster fight. Jacobs tends to fight in lackluster fights since his Mora and Quillin days.

Jacobs often dictates tempo and pace with his movement and occasional jab but doesn't throw more punches to emphasize it. It's how you can think he won a fight when getting out hustled and outlanded.

I'd like to see Rosado and Ryder fight, that would be an entertaining scrap.
                Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Jacobs won that fight. But, he didn't look good doing it. It was definitely close. Jacobs' legs were very stiff, bad balance, he was reaching on most of his punches so he didn't have snap on his jab or power on his shots, and his accuracy was poor. Plus, as almost always with him, he wasn't busy enough. Ryder did some mauling and landed some shots in the second half of the fight, but his work rate was poor, too, and he only landed a handful of clean shots. I've not seen any of Ryder's other fights, but based on this one, this guy is domestic level at best. Rosado - who definitely beat Jacobs (though in a boring fight) - should be able to handle him.

Comment

Bound to happen with the lack luster performances Jacobs has been phoning in lately. I turned the fight off half way through. I’ll probably watch the back half now to see what went down, but what a snooze fest.

Comment

Working...
                    X