Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan vs. Oskari Metz on March 19 at OVO Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan vs. Oskari Metz on March 19 at OVO Arena

EUROPEAN WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION David Avanesyan returns to the ring on March 19 at the OVO Arena, Wembley with a defence of his title on a night of multiple championship clashes at the historic London venue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't get Avanesyans path right now. He's joined Queensbury, which means he has zero chance of getting the Benn fight, but that's all he talks about - then this is the fight he signs?

Seems a very strange move to go to Queensbury. They just don't seem to understand what to do with him (other than using Conor Benn's name)
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
      I don't get Avanesyans path right now. He's joined Queensbury, which means he has zero chance of getting the Benn fight, but that's all he talks about - then this is the fight he signs?

Seems a very strange move to go to Queensbury. They just don't seem to understand what to do with him (other than using Conor Benn's name)
      It seems reasonable to me. Ava has an eliminator the WBC ordered between him and Ortiz. Ortiz is fighting McKinson on 3/19 so the plan is just to have him take a stay busy fight on the same night Ortiz is fighting.
      Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

He's fighting the 184th ranked welterweight in the world ...

Also I thought he'd declined the Ortiz fight,

Originally posted by Noamfromm View Post

It seems reasonable to me. Ava has an eliminator the WBC ordered between him and Ortiz. Ortiz is fighting McKinson on 3/19 so the plan is just to have him take a stay busy fight on the same night Ortiz is fighting.

Comment

Has Avanesyan got a title eliminator? If so, I guess this makes sense. If he only has hopes of a title eliminator then it doesn't make sense at all. The man is 33 & can't be """""ing around at this stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            He's fighting the 184th ranked welterweight in the world ...

Also I thought he'd declined the Ortiz fight,

Ortiz declined the Avanesyan fight not the other way round, although supposedly according to another poster he only declined as the McKinson fight was nearly completed, and he said he’d fight the eliminator afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Noamfromm View Post

The Ortiz fight isn't happening.

So the plan is to sit tight, fighting nobodies, calling out a fight that will never happen (because he signed for Queensbury) until something lands on his lap?

Dudes a very good fighter, he's ready. Can't just fight these guys who have nothing to offer, hoping something happens, it's ridiculous. What's the plan here?
              Last edited by M312; 02-12-2022, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X