Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman-Barrios: FOX Prelims Prior To PPV Averaged 963,000 Viewers; Peaked At 1,076,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman-Barrios: FOX Prelims Prior To PPV Averaged 963,000 Viewers; Peaked At 1,076,000

An average of nearly 1 million viewers watched FOX's two-bout broadcast Saturday night before Premier Boxing Champions moved the remainder of the Keith Thurman-Mario Barrios undercard to the network's pay-per-view platform.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And that’s just network tv not taking into account app users like myself who get their traditional stations on apps far cheaper than cable l. I wonder what the real numbers are

Comment

If you want a good lead-in to entice viewers to buy the PPV you should put on better fights than that.

PBC still has no clue how to promote. They rely on the lack of knowledge of casual fans but that's not a good strategy.
      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I guess that's one way to spin the actual shiet ppv buys....

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          And that’s just network tv not taking into account app users like myself who get their traditional stations on apps far cheaper than cable l. I wonder what the real numbers are
          I thought you were vehemently against Apps to watch sport?

Comment

Those PPV numbers are going to be horrible. FOX gonna dump PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              Those PPV numbers are going to be horrible. FOX gonna dump PBC.
              Actually I think it’s pbc that wants to dump FOX

Comment

Seriously? How about half the numbers they posted. PBC or not, you can't shine this turd!

Barrios had just been KTFO by a lightweight and if the past is any indication of the times the "REAL" numbers are far, far, far less than network proclamations.

That said, the fight shouldn't have happened for free but asking $75.00 was insult to injury, a disgrace to boxing.

Last edited by factsarenice; 02-10-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Bet all the pbc fanboys gonna celebrate this but not gonna say anything when the real ppv numbers come out...

Comment

Actually I think it’s pbc that wants to dump FOX
                    Based upon your comment, I don't think you realize how this all works. Simply put, the only power that Arum, Hearn and Al Hayman have are their exclusive network contracts. If the PBC loses their exclusive contracts with Fox or Showtime, the PBC becomes just another homeless promotional outfit doing PPV's like Triller.

If you are as big a fan of the PBC as you seem to be, pray Al doesn't lose his exclusive with FOX because there is no way to spin the damage it will do.

Comment

Working...
                    X