Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Ugas: Showtime To Distribute Pay-Per-View Fight April 16 From AT&T Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence-Ugas: Showtime To Distribute Pay-Per-View Fight April 16 From AT&T Stadium

Showtime will distribute another high-profile Premier Boxing Champions pay-per-view fight FOX Sports executives initially believed they would televise. BoxingScene.com has learned that Showtime will handle production and marketing of the Errol Spence Jr.-Yordenis Ugas fight April 16 in Arlington, Texas. Spence (27-0, 21 KOs), of DeSoto, Texas, and the Cuban-born, Miami-based Ugas (27-4, 12 KOs) will fight for Spence's IBF and WBC welterweight titles and Ugas' WBA belt at AT&T Stadium, the home venue of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd really like to see Alvared vs Charlo. They need each other on their resume's. But I also can't blame him for going after that $100 million dollar bag.to fight guaranteed wins vs 2 non threat stiffs

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      I'd really like to see Alvared vs Charlo. They need each other on their resume's. But I also can't blame him for going after that $100 million dollar bag.to fight guaranteed wins vs 2 non threat stiffs
      I think Bivol is a bigger threat than Charlo who has been underwhelming since hitting MW. I don't care for the GGG fight and would rather see the Charlo fight over that. He isn't past his prime like GGG I give him that.

Comment

Does that mean Canelo is taking Eddeh's deal?

Comment

Actually I like it considering the time of year they're doing this fight. NFL Season is over so they can't really use the NFL to help Promote this Event...HOWEVER, ViacomCBS can really promote this Event During MARCH MADNESS (Sun, Mar 13, 2022 – Mon, Apr 4, 2022 with the fight being on Sat, April 16th)

If FOX not going all in and Showtime is stepping up then respect to Showtime. Seems like ultimately all of PBC ends up under the ViacomCBS Umbrella once the FOX thing is over: PBC on Paramount+, PBC on Showtime, PBC on CBS (hopefully) seem inevitable

Clearly both Networks was holding out for Canelo vs Charlo, both likely was going to go all in for the right to that one
          Last edited by sicko; 02-09-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Would love to see the Bivol fight. Charlo is a bit meh and GGG is 40 ffs

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              Canelo don't need Charlo on his resume. Not sure where you are getting that idea from. Charlo on the other hand desperately need Canelo and the payday that he seem to have been waiting for. With this falling through, lets see if Charlo will summon the courage and go take a fight with Benavidez in the interim. I doubt it though. He 'll likely fight a few more safe fights in hopes that the canelo fight comes back around. Canelo vs Bivol though, you couldn't have asked for a better fight.
              greeneye99 greeneye99 Rec28 Rec28 like this.

Comment

Nice much rather hear Showtime call the fight than Fox. Now if they could only replace Mares with someone like Ward I’d be really happy.
                Bronx23 Bronx23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post

Canelo don't need Charlo on his resume. Not sure where you are getting that idea from. Charlo on the other hand desperately need Canelo and the payday that he seem to have been waiting for. With this falling through, lets see if Charlo will summon the courage and go take a fight with Benavidez in the interim. I doubt it though. He 'll likely fight a few more safe fights in hopes that the canelo fight comes back around. Canelo vs Bivol though, you couldn't have asked for a better fight.
                  yes he does. Look at his last 6 or 7 fights. They were slow ass stiff, old, shot or feather fist quitting coward. They were no threat at all. Charlo's style is a threat to Alvared and you know good and dam well it is or you don't know sht about boxing. Stop being a sour coward. They need each other on their resumes simple and plain. Like Nacho Beristain said Alvarez has been taking the easy road the knowledgeable Mexican boxing fans aren't impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                    Would love to see the Bivol fight. Charlo is a bit meh and GGG is 40 ffs
                    Another thing about a Golovkin fight. He makes middleweight easily, and I don't recall him ever fighting higher than that. If he and Alvarez were to fight. Alvarez would be in the driver's seat and I can't see him going down to 160, where he hasn't been since the Jacobs fight nearly 3 years ago

Comment

Working...
                    X