Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic-Zhilei Zhang Heavyweight Title Eliminator To Be Ordered By IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic-Zhilei Zhang Heavyweight Title Eliminator To Be Ordered By IBF

Filip Hrgovic finally has a heavyweight rival with whom to negotiate for his next fight. BoxingScene.com has learned that Zhilei Zhang has accepted an invitation to enter talks for a final title eliminator with Croatia's Hrgovic. The move allows for the IBF to formally order the fight, after which point the two sides will have fifteen days to work out terms to avoid a purse bid hearing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zhang goes down, he is too slow and his stamina is horrible.
    Django1 StephenM likes this.

Comment

I think Hrgovic is overrated, but probably beats Zheng.
      slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Finally, someone steps up!
        BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I am sad it is over. This IBF eliminator thingy was pure comedic gold and I hope they make a real life comedy about it. No matter who wins, I will be shocked if either of these men ever get a shot at the actual belt.
          Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

This should be an entertaining fight that ends by ko.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
              I am sad it is over. This IBF eliminator thingy was pure comedic gold and I hope they make a real life comedy about it. No matter who wins, I will be shocked if either of these men ever get a shot at the actual belt.
              I'll also be shocked if either guy ever sees a title fight. By the time the titles get spread out again Jarad Anderson will probably be fighting for a vacant one.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Ibf follows their rules for the most part. The winner will get a shot eventually.
                Castilo Castilo buge buge like this.

Comment

From the perspective of promoting the sport it would be incredibly stupid to waste Zhang. He should be a title fight for Fury or Usyk/Joshua, and the fight must be in Beijing or Shanghai where Boxing was big in the 1920s.
                  Call it simply, "The Big Bang!" 500 million viewers easily.

Although Boxing has been the biggest pro sport across most of Asia for most of the time that professional sports have existed, much of the world's largest market is today virtually untapped relative to potential. Across the many cultures of pan Asia, they are just like everyone else. They like excitement and they like traditional world importance. They just need it packaged properly, advertised and sold at an affordable price. Something that "Boxing" would egarly do if it had a unified center interested in promoting itself, like MMA/UFC. Boxing has had a presence across Asia dating to the 19th century, and China would be a tremendous host for a Heavyweight world title fight featuring it's first great national champion in the role of a live challenger. Knowing how a boxer usually handles a traditional martial artist and how a Heavyweight generally handles a smaller man, its reasonable to state that Zhang Zhilei is the best actual figher the region boasting 60.3 percent of the world's people has ever produced; and in China he remains a national hero. An Olympic silver medalist in 2008 and a medalist at the world cup in 2007 and 2009 in the world's first international sport and still the most widespread professional spectator sport, China might wait a very long time for another opportunity like this
                  Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                    From the perspective of promoting the sport it would be incredibly stupid to waste Zhang. He should be a title fight for Fury or Usyk/Joshua, and the fight must be in Beijing or Shanghai where Boxing was big in the 1920s.
                    Call it simply, "The Big Bang!" 500 million viewers easily.

Although Boxing has been the biggest pro sport across most of Asia for most of the time that professional sports have existed, much of the world's largest market is today virtually untapped relative to potential. Across the many cultures of pan Asia, they are just like everyone else. They like excitement and they like traditional world importance. They just need it packaged properly, advertised and sold at an affordable price. Something that "Boxing" would egarly do if it had a unified center interested in promoting itself, like MMA/UFC. Boxing has had a presence across Asia dating to the 19th century, and China would be a tremendous host for a Heavyweight world title fight featuring it's first great national champion in the role of a live challenger. Knowing how a boxer usually handles a traditional martial artist and how a Heavyweight generally handles a smaller man, its reasonable to state that Zhang Zhilei is the best actual figher the region boasting 60.3 percent of the world's people has ever produced; and in China he remains a national hero. An Olympic silver medalist in 2008 and a medalist at the world cup in 2007 and 2009 in the world's first international sport and still the most widespread professional spectator sport, China might wait a very long time for another opportunity like this
                    Zhang is going to get embarrassed against Hrgovic not sure all that wording was necessary. You seem to have this fixation on limited fighters ,you are the poster that also thinks Yoka is a killer and won legit against Hrgovic in the ams ,that’s another fighter going nowhere once he steps up .
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X