No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Returns and an Arrival: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Returns and an Arrival: Weekend Afterthoughts

Keith Thurman is back. No matter what happens from here, the once-unified welterweight titlist made his way back to the ring after more than two years away and while fighting in only one calendar year since 2017. Thurman returned doing what he's done all but once in his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Obvious Pbc fanboy… trying to spin two unimpressive boring uneventful performances by Run-Time and Pillow-fists into impressive triumphant returns.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
      Obvious Pbc fanboy… trying to spin two unimpressive boring uneventful performances by Run-Time and Pillow-fists into impressive triumphant returns.
      Santa Cruz magically wants to unify now that GRJ isnt part of the mix and Thurman looked like an older experienced welterweight fighting a younger less experienced Jr welterweight. Nothing less and nothing more. I agree neither guy won impressively. They both did what they were expected to do.
      The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
        Could not agree more. BoxingScene is becoming cringeworthy. The likes of Jake Donovan and Cliff Rold may as well admit they suck Al Haymon off. Cringeworthy articles time after time

Comment

If Spence beats Ugas I think he's going to 154. However, with Thurman's vulnerability to body shots, if Spence were to decide to give him a shot - which he has previously been reluctant to unless Thurman has a title, or maybe is mandatory - I think Spence is a bad style for Thurman.

Comment

From the article:
            "After Saturday, Thurman showed he’s still got something to say at welterweight no matter which lane he proceeds on."

Thiurman is a jamming up the traffic so Boots and the other good young fighters can't get through. He drove his Volkswagon and parked it in the middle of the road and said look at me Im relevant. Watch as he gets the next two or three shots at the title in an endless round robin of title holders punking out to a fight with Kieth instead of Boots.
            Last edited by Wacked_Out; 02-07-2022, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Glad Santa Cruz got good rounds in. Time to take over 126!

Thurman gets taken out by a body shot by any of the top welterweights. He’d be better off chasing greatness at 154 while he still can.
              Last edited by Santa_; 02-07-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Would love to see Bam at 112

Comment

Tank must be one hard hitting little dude to stop Barrios and then Barrios goes the distance with Keith “One Time” Thurman. Tank must be hittin’ like one of them Big Feets who can pull a whole tree out the gottdamn ground roots and all fam. Don’t laugh. I seen one do that ish. But this is what pisses me off about the welterweight and super welterweight divisions. They pick and choose fighters they can beat, with the exception of Bud Crawford. Throw some Boriqua from the BK, LUIS COLLAZO, every welterweight and super welterweight avoids that brother. Keith “One Time” Thurman ran from him for the whole fight. I gotta give Thurman his props for taking that body shot from Luis, but after that body shot for the rest of the fight Thurman ran like a South African Spring Bok.
                  After seeing that fight Luis Collazo’s name got lost in the bleachers, why? No other fighters in the welterweight division would fight him, not even Floyd and Floyd would have been the only fighter to truly beat him. The only other fighters in that division who would have gave Collazo a fight and beat him is Bud Crawford. After the Collazo - Thurman fight I looked at them front row seats and the rest of them dudes ran from him like roaches when you turn the lights on. Spence, who I have much respect for because of how he handles himself inside and outside the ring, he is a class act, dude give Collazo a shot.
                  Any fighter in the top ten give that brother a shot. Danny, my home boy from Philly, give the brother a non-title shot. That would be a damn good fight because none of the are backing up. Spence, before your next big title fight give him a ten round non-title fight Duran would do. He is an old man and One Time was the only one who barely etched out a decision. To me Collazo won the fight. Every time he fights he brings the smoke. Someone in the top five give that brother a shot. He is forty years old and he’ll take any of you to the river. If you can’t swim in deep water all I can say is MERCIFUL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X