Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nery: I Wanted To Show Everyone That I'm Not Just About Haymakers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nery: I Wanted To Show Everyone That I'm Not Just About Haymakers

At the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, the Thurman-Barrios pay-per-view opener saw former two-division world champion Luis "Pantera" Nery dropped Carlos Castro in the first round on his way to a 10-round split decision win in a tactical battle between super bantamweights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am a big fan of Nery. But I am not buying the "didn't knock him out by choice" argument here. It was a great win for him, but it was obvious he had some troubles in there at spots.

It was a legit big win, and he owes no one an explanation on why he did not KO Castro. But there is a lot of room for improvement over that performance.

Comment

Both fighters deserve credit for taking a risk against each other!
      Jeff durable Jeff durable likes this.

Comment

Why didnt you have the power to knock him out with non-haymakers then? All these "I underperformed on purpose" quotes are getting old, just like all the "injuries" or "trouble making weight" quotes after every fight. Fans who believe most this stuff, I have a bridge to sell you.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 02-06-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hehehe He couldn’t finish him off early because he didn’t have the power to do it ,not because he wanted to box him, because he almost end up been outboxed by Castro

Comment

Nery looked good, in control of the fight most of the time.

Where does Castro go from here?

Wonder if he can stay at 122 -- looked sapped at weigh in.

Comment

Working...
            X