Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrios: Thurman's Making Big Mistake If He's Overlooking Me, I Want To Make Mark At 147 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barrios: Thurman's Making Big Mistake If He's Overlooking Me, I Want To Make Mark At 147 Pounds

Keith Thurman will be returning from a 931-day layoff when he takes on Mario Barrios on Feb. 5 while headlining a FOX Sports pay-per-view at the Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He probably is, but could be forgiven considering you were stopped by a LW and your corner being concerned your hair was nicely combed rather than giving solid advice.

Comment

I think there's a good chance of an upset here

Comment

The layoff is all that worries me. Ots been 900 days but when we saw him last against Pac, he clearly won the 2nd half of the fight. Barrios, you never know when a guy moves up to his actual weight class. Should be fun but I expect Thurman to stop him eventually.

Comment

this fight is hard to pick.

one thing i am sure of is that thurman after his long layoff wont be any better than the pac fight. thurman is trying to say his hand was hurt that fight and hes better now after surgery.

i saw he was pretty accurate that fight and his timing was fine but now hes a bit older at 33 and inactive. in theory if thurman shows up nearly the same he should be able to outbox barrios who is big but not al that good.

other hand though is that davis is a lot faster and sharper than thurman was even 2 years ago much less what he will be like tomorrow. I think thurman will be easier for barrios to brawl with and pressure.

Comment

I don't feel Thurman is quite the fighter he once was, long lay offs etc, he should still have the edge in this fight, however Barrios might actually be more comfortable at this weight, how he made 140 at 5,11 is probably testimony to his determination, I'm looking at a close fight, I'm going to put a bet on a draw.

Comment

If Barrios were to pull this off, no matter what you haters say, maybe some of the haters will respect Tank a bit more. I know we can't always judge by the ol "well fighter A beat fighter B who beat fighter C". But if Barrios ends up being the better man against Thurman, that tells us a lot about the Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                If Barrios were to pull this off, no matter what you haters say, maybe some of the haters will respect Tank a bit more. I know we can't always judge by the ol "well fighter A beat fighter B who beat fighter C". But if Barrios ends up being the better man against Thurman, that tells us a lot about the Tank
                Tank only has himself to blame for the haters he has acquired, but I don't feel people doubt his talent, takes more than just talent to be a professional fighter, having class helps, something tank will never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

Tank only has himself to blame for the haters he has acquired, but I don't feel people doubt his talent, takes more than just talent to be a professional fighter, having class helps, something tank will never have.
                  Depends how you look at it. To me, Tank having haters is NOT a bad thing. Haters fuel elite careers! See floyd! The main thing I was referring to with my previous comment was that maybe the haters would now BELIEVE. I should've worded it differently. Barrios did not impress, so my comment is irrelevant, hindsight.

Comment

Working...
                  X