Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Welcome To 2022: ShoBox-Level Events On FOX & Fights Fit For Free TV Forced To PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Welcome To 2022: ShoBox-Level Events On FOX & Fights Fit For Free TV Forced To PPV

By Keith Idec - LAS VEGAS - Keith Thurman compared the seemingly inappropriate price of his pay-per-view fight with Mario Barrios recently to what the former welterweight champion apparently considers the out-of-control cost of "bubble gum" in 2022.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    patron patron likes this.

What will FOX and PBC do after this year when their contract expires.

Doubt it will be renewed.

Comment

PBC has also run out of VC funds after destroying their reputation in the industry with this huge fiasco: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...ns-boxing-news
      alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
        What will FOX and PBC do after this year when their contract expires.

Doubt it will be renewed.
        I’d rather see Pbc go to a CBS related entity like paramount+ or CBS proper….or both. The pandemic did a number on FOX’s commitment to boxing and Showtime is clearly the better partner. Haymon is highly intelligent and supremely experienced and educated, he is working on the next step no doubt. I also don’t think ESPN is a bad option, got to be better than what FOX had become

Comment

FOX has been very disappointing! SHO, on the other hand, has been holding it down! The GRJ vs. Masagayo card, and the Colbert vs. Gutierrez (2/26) card, are both equal or better than Thurman vs. Barrios, and neither one are PPVs! Add to that, this here...

Charlo-Castano Rematch Reset For March 19; Likely In Los Angeles Area, Not In Houston

Showtime, which televised the 12-round split draw between Castano and Charlo nearly six months ago, also will air their second bout for full supremacy in the 154-pound division. Premier Boxing Champions founder Al Haymon considered making the Castano-Charlo rematch the headliner of a pay-per-view event, but Showtime is expected to keep it on that premium cable network as part of its “Showtime Championship Boxing” series.

https://www.boxingscene.com/charlo-c...ouston--163420

So as far as i'm concerned, F-K FOX!!! Thank You Showtime! Thank You Al Bernstein, Mauro Ranallo, and Steve Farhood! Lastly, Thank You Al Haymon!

Comment

They should call it shoe box level fighting .
            DougalDylan DougalDylan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’d rather see Pbc go to a CBS related entity like paramount+ or CBS proper….or both. The pandemic did a number on FOX’s commitment to boxing and Showtime is clearly the better partner. Haymon is highly intelligent and supremely experienced and educated, he is working on the next step no doubt. I also don’t think ESPN is a bad option, got to be better than what FOX had become
              They need to dump Tessitoire, know nothing, corporate stooge Mark “I do the 1990s pause for fake dramatic effect” Kriegel and annoying voice Timothy Bradley and bring back ESPN Friday Night Fights with Teddy!
              JTfloyd JTfloyd AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I hope Al Haymon leaves the sport. He is bad for the sport of boxing and it’s fans, yea he gets his fighters paid but those days are long gone.

Arum has ruined boxing on ESPN
                Haymon has ruined boxing on network TV
                Hearn overpay a bunch of scrubs on DAZN

BOXING STINKS! not easy being a fan of this crap product. 95% of fights nowadays are the “top fighters and champs” fighting C level opposition.
                Last edited by PRchamp; 02-04-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

They need to dump Tessitoire, know nothing, corporate stooge Mark “I do the 1990s pause for fake dramatic effect” Kriegel and annoying voice Timothy Bradley and bring back ESPN Friday Night Fights with Teddy!
                  Somemof the best boxing ever was USA Tuesday night fights particularly at the blue horizon, and Friday night fights as well. It’s in effect what showbox is and what hbo boxing after dark was. Someone needs to step up and bring that back and weekly

Comment

I wouldn't watch Keef "PART TIME" Thurman vs. Mario Barrios if FOX paid me $75. Why on earth would anyone other than a legit fanboy put up cash for this? Keith literally hand-picked a dude that just got waxed by a lightweight. #smh

Comment

Working...
                    X