Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Williams: Eubank Doubts His Ability, He's Put a Rematch Clause In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Williams: Eubank Doubts His Ability, He's Put a Rematch Clause In

Liam Williams and Chris Eubank Jr continued their war of words as they held their final press conference on Thursday ahead of this weekend's highly-anticipated showdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

OK I'm starting to get interested in this fight, I've already made a prediction that Jr might have one of his good nights and stop Williams within three rounds, but I'm hoping for a 12 Rd war!

Comment

A rematch clause in such a mediocre fight is pathetic

Comment

Would love to see eubank get battered

Cringe fest everytime he opens his mouth , Willams isn’t much better but you can tell he’s real

Should be a slug fest! I’m in

Comment

Hopefully it’s a good fight. The reality is both of them are probably proven at a similar level and been beaten when they stepped up, so on paper they’re not really that far apart.

I think Eubank is probably the favourite and I think he’s a bit bigger too. I see him as a 160/168 Williams as a 154/160, I think that might play a part given their style, unless Williams tries to box a bit more which always gives Eubank issues, but I haven’t seen Williams fight on the back foot since very early in his career where he would in parts of fights.

Interesting Williams has linked up with Adam booth, his fighters are often sharpshooting patient counterpunchers. generally work against Eubank but you don’t really see Williams as that kind of fighter. George Groves schooled Eubank with that Adam Booth style even though he wasn’t with Booth anymore, he was still very much in that style. It’ll be interesting to see if Liam Williams adopts a similar style or if he ever can. If he could, it could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Hopefully it’s a good fight. The reality is both of them are probably proven at a similar level and been beaten when they stepped up, so on paper they’re not really that far apart.

I think Eubank is probably the favourite and I think he’s a bit bigger too. I see him as a 160/168 Williams as a 154/160, I think that might play a part given their style, unless Williams tries to box a bit more which always gives Eubank issues, but I haven’t seen Williams fight on the back foot since very early in his career where he would in parts of fights.

Interesting Williams has linked up with Adam booth, his fighters are often sharpshooting patient counterpunchers. generally work against Eubank but you don’t really see Williams as that kind of fighter. George Groves schooled Eubank with that Adam Booth style even though he wasn’t with Booth anymore, he was still very much in that style. It’ll be interesting to see if Liam Williams adopts a similar style or if he ever can. If he could, it could be interesting.
            My money is on Williams steaming in and getting picked off repeatedly. Eubank doesn't bang much though so I see a well lopsided 12 rounder. I'm hoping Williams catches Jr with something and brings out the lunatic that was biting down on his shield against Groves and swinging for the fences with leather going both ways. Could be a great fight could be an absolute stinker.
            Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
              OK I'm starting to get interested in this fight, I've already made a prediction that Jr might have one of his good nights and stop Williams within three rounds, but I'm hoping for a 12 Rd war!
              That's what I'm hoping for/kind of expecting tonight. It's not an easy fight for Jr but I think he'll pull off a decision in a competitive fight. Williams seems to fade late on, I think that's where Jr wins the fight - he'll win the last 2 - 3 rounds which will get him the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post

That's what I'm hoping for/kind of expecting tonight. It's not an easy fight for Jr but I think he'll pull off a decision in a competitive fight. Williams seems to fade late on, I think that's where Jr wins the fight - he'll win the last 2 - 3 rounds which will get him the decision.
                Yeah, a good breakdown of what might happen!
                786 786 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  A rematch clause in such a mediocre fight is pathetic
                  Yes and, if it was at eubank request, Williams might be right about mindset.

Comment

I'm hoping for an entertaining slugfest, mostly expecting Eubank to get the decision. I will be putting a cheeky bet on Williams as he's a live dog in this.
                    786 786 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X