Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cuadras: I Hope Franco Calls Me Out After I Win, This Way I Can Beat Up The Whole Family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cuadras: I Hope Franco Calls Me Out After I Win, This Way I Can Beat Up The Whole Family

Carlos Cuadras didn't have the luxury of enjoying his first full day in Phoenix ahead of his upcoming fight this weekend. Instead, he had to cram for his next opponent, unbeaten late replacement Jesse Rodriguez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Do it 'Principe'!, BORDER WARS!!!

Comment

A fight is going to break out in the Ring during this match up, on that I am sure.
      supRa supRa likes this.

Comment

Is Rodriguez a credible opponent for Cuadras because judging by his record and level of opposition doesn’t appear to be or is the boxing organization doing what it does as usual which is elevate unproven fighters on the ranks to undeservingly get a shot at a title without having to fight in a title eliminator just to shove money in their pockets and save themselves from losing on any profit. Stylistically will be an interesting matchup but still how is it fair Rodriguez to be given this opportunity? To correct Rodriguez, San Antonio will not have another champion because your bro does not have a real belt

Comment

I love it. Cuadras stokes the fires and talks some trash. I was disappointed that SSR dropped out even tho Bam is an exciting prospect. This type of bravado by Cuadras has me thinking it's going to be an intense and exciting fight regardless of the result.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
            Is Rodriguez a credible opponent for Cuadras because judging by his record and level of opposition doesn’t appear to be or is the boxing organization doing what it does as usual which is elevate unproven fighters on the ranks to undeservingly get a shot at a title without having to fight in a title eliminator just to shove money in their pockets and save themselves from losing on any profit. Stylistically will be an interesting matchup but still how is it fair Rodriguez to be given this opportunity? To correct Rodriguez, San Antonio will not have another champion because your bro does not have a real belt
            Tough to say. I'm not sure how the WBC is letting this determine who gets the vacant belt (I think Estrada was elevated to the "franchise" champion so he could rematch Chocolatito). Rodriguez isn't ranked at Super Fly and is coming up from the ranks of junior Fly and Fly. I'd imagine the guys ranked by the WBC would be more deserving.

As to the fight itself, I think it might be better in reality than on paper. Rodriguez is undersized and untested but from what I've seen of him he is very impressive. Bam looks to have alot more potential than his brother and he has some very heavy hands. Cuadras has alot of mileage from hard living and hard fighting. Despite the difference in size and credentials, I wouldn't be surprised nof Bam pulls the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Tough to say. I'm not sure how the WBC is letting this determine who gets the vacant belt (I think Estrada was elevated to the "franchise" champion so he could rematch Chocolatito). Rodriguez isn't ranked at Super Fly and is coming up from the ranks of junior Fly and Fly. I'd imagine the guys ranked by the WBC would be more deserving.

As to the fight itself, I think it might be better in reality than on paper. Rodriguez is undersized and untested but from what I've seen of him he is very impressive. Bam looks to have alot more potential than his brother and he has some very heavy hands. Cuadras has alot of mileage from hard living and hard fighting. Despite the difference in size and credentials, I wouldn't be surprised nof Bam pulls the upset.
              I hear what you’re saying and I’m sure there will be more upcoming promising fighters like him but it just doesn’t make any sense for him to be given a title fight. Look at Vergil Ortiz of the many fights and former champions he’s fought and still hasn’t gotten a title fight and been patient about it

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post

I hear what you’re saying and I’m sure there will be more upcoming promising fighters like him but it just doesn’t make any sense for him to be given a title fight. Look at Vergil Ortiz of the many fights and former champions he’s fought and still hasn’t gotten a title fight and been patient about it
                Lighterweights usually get world-title fights much sooner than most weight-classes, its pretty normal. Jessie was suppose to face the WBA 'Regular' 108 champ Esteban Bermudez after his upset of CCC, but Bermudez apparently had Visa issues, so that fight was shelfed.

Comment

I think we've seen Cuadras reach his height, rooting for the young cat to add to the heating up small divisions
                  Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Rooting for Bam but that's funny as hell
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X