Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crews-Dezurn vs. Cederroos Undisputed Super Middleweight Clash Added To Taylor-Serrano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crews-Dezurn vs. Cederroos Undisputed Super Middleweight Clash Added To Taylor-Serrano

Madison Square Garden will now play host to at least two undisputed championship fights on April 30. The oft-postponed WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO super middleweight title fight between Franchon Crews-Dezurn and Elin Cederroos now has a home, as the bout has been added to an increasingly potent April 30 DAZN show at MSG in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really hope DAZN isn't overpaying for these fights I don't mind the girls getting some spotlight but let's be honest most fights are painful to watch.

Money better spent elsewhere, Hatton's kid is already making millions and doesn't bring a crow or views to DAZN. Could have signed Prograis instead and made Montana Love vs Regis

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
      Really hope DAZN isn't overpaying for these fights I don't mind the girls getting some spotlight but let's be honest most fights are painful to watch.

Money better spent elsewhere, Hatton's kid is already making millions and doesn't bring a crow or views to DAZN. Could have signed Prograis instead and made Montana Love vs Regis
      Hearn is one of those people trying to push womens boxing, he is sacrificing profit to push something the public doesn't want or care about.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Women's boxing is still pretty shallow as far as talent, but at least they're unifying divisions left and right. Hopefully they stay unified regardless of who wins. We're getting to a place where there could be only one champion per division
        Above 168: Gabriels is the only champion
        168: about to be fully unified
        160: was fully unified and may be again soon if we see Shields vs Marshall
        154: three title holders now, but when Shields vacates we could end up with two champions fighting each other
        147: fully unified+IBO for several years, first by Braekhus and now McCaskill
        140: will be fully unified+IBO after Cameron vs Reis
        135: fully unified for several years

The lower weights all have multiple titlists, but still, we're getting closer to some clarity and it's appreciated.
        kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Hearn is one of those people trying to push womens boxing, he is sacrificing profit to push something the public doesn't want or care about.
          From what I understand is that alot of these female fights are fairly inexpensive compared to the equivalent men's fight. There was a female champion of a major sanction body living in my area and she worked as a waitress because of the paltry purses.

I doubt there is 100% altruism going on with promoters putting female fights on. It's a relatively inexpensive way to fill out a fight card and because of the nature of the fights, the crowds will get excited with two girls throwing a bunch of punches at each other.

jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

I believe this Crews-Dezurn vs Cederroos fight was supposed to be on the undercard of Teofimo and Kambosos all the way back when it was announced for Triller.

Glad to see they are finally going to get their moment to get the fight done.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

From what I understand is that alot of these female fights are fairly inexpensive compared to the equivalent men's fight. There was a female champion of a major sanction body living in my area and she worked as a waitress because of the paltry purses.

I doubt there is 100% altruism going on with promoters putting female fights on. It's a relatively inexpensive way to fill out a fight card and because of the nature of the fights, the crowds will get excited with two girls throwing a bunch of punches at each other.
              I suppose you are a little more educated here as I can not speak from the same experience. I would like for it to be 3 minute rounds, it would be benificial. My problem lies within the talent gap and the fight for "equal pay" spearheaded by Shields, when they just pack the house on their own. The talent just isn't there. The talent has gone to MMA. I have to disagree on one point, been to a live event or two featuring a womens fight, it's mainly used for a bathroom break or beer run.
              Last edited by jonnyc420; 02-01-2022, 08:09 PM.
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

I suppose you are a little more educated here as I can not speak from the same experience. I would like for it to be 3 minute rounds, it would be benificial. My problem lies within the talent gap and the fight for "equal pay" spearheaded by Shields, when they just pack the house on their own. The talent just isn't there. The talent has gone to MMA. I have to disagree on one point, been to a live event or two featuring a womens fight, it's mainly used for a bathroom break or beer run.
                I agree, 3 minute rounds would be beneficial. They've done it before (I believe for Marlen Esparza) at the fighters request.

IMO, the women's fight game is not the equal of the men. There simply isn't the depth in the sport. There aren't many skilled fighters and there aren't many of that medium tier of fighter either. Pay for all fighters (man and woman) should be what the market demands, not about equality. If you put a$$es in seats, you will be paid.

I'm not saying all women's fights are entertaining, their not. Even if they are entertaining, not everyone needs to like them. I do think one of the reasons why we see them more and more is because 1) more girls are entering combat sports and 2) it's a cheap way to fill a fight card.

Good discussion with you my friend.

jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Not sure your right about Hatton kid , if he is they are definitely going out of business

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                    Not sure your right about Hatton kid , if he is they are definitely going out of business
                    I'm not sure either it was reported in a large report of what UK fighter's made him and Shannon Courtenay we're really highly paid . According to reports anyways some boxers confirmed that it they were accurate on their end so leads me to believe it's at least around the ballpark

Comment

Working...
                    X