Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Makabu Controversially Beats Mchunu; King Still Hopes To Get Him Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Makabu Controversially Beats Mchunu; King Still Hopes To Get Him Canelo

By Corey Erdman - If you've been on the internet for more than six months and are of sound mind, you can probably immediately identify the aesthetics of misinformation. You know the types of Facebook or Instagram posts: Comic sans font, bizarre sentence structure, random capitalization and
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully, Canelo decides against this cherry-pick of a cruiserweight belt and instead fights somebody fight fans care about, as recent articles have alluded to.

Comment

Reading this piece, I was reminded of one of King's cards held at the Omni in Atlanta way back in '86. And trust me, 37 years later,
      almost to the day, hasn't changed King promotions one bit. The Tubbs/Witherspoon fight program had probably the most typos and
      blowhard shtick in it you could ever imagine. I mean it was an embarrassment. 'King's Dream' it was called... with picture of Martin Luther
      King on one side, and of course Don King on the other. There was a big stink in the leadup, as King wanted only HWs on the card... and
      there was Evander Holyfield, at that point a top contender at CW, fighting out of Atlanta, but not allowed on the card. He did show up at the
      open workouts, and would just a few months later win the CW title at that same venue, vs Qawi. Also at the open workouts was Ali, who sparred
      a few rounds with Witherspoon, afterwards proclaiming as he sometimes did 'I shall return, I shall return... return to my senses!'. The card was
      good enough, with the James Blood Green fight being the most exciting, and the Buster Douglas victory over Greg Page nearly as good. In contrast,
      the 15 rounds of Witherspoon/Tubbs was mostly boring. Plenty of celebrities were there... Pinklon Thomas, Ray Parker Jr, Mickey Duff and others,
      and it was a good crowd. I still have a few pics I took that night. But still that fight program was as amateur looking as could be. LOL

Comment

Mukabu vs JP is the fight to make.

Comment

Those judges are as crooked as they come, not just incompetent.

I'm sure they got paid more both in cash and in kind. The mob might not be around to "influence" judges as the old days, but there's still corruption.

Comment

Thanks, Corey. Excellent summary.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

And yet David Benavidez, undefeated and former champion at 168 hasn’t done enough to warrant a match with Canelo but this clown has. The cherry-picking is not obvious at all.
              Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PoserExposer View Post
                And yet David Benavidez, undefeated and former champion at 168 hasn’t done enough to warrant a match with Canelo but this clown has. The cherry-picking is not obvious at all.
                Guy has a belt in which Canelo will become a 5 weight champion, Beni has no belt and problems with weight and coke. I'd rather see that fight too but Canelo following the steps of guys like Pac and May.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Mukabu vs JP is the fight to make.
                  Who is JP?
                  blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I loved this card! I never got to see 70's boxing live, until this weekend. Absolutely beautiful display, I am glad the Don is still around to bring us these gems.
                    ralex ralex ReggieKray ReggieKray like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X