Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: David Benavidez Would Pose a Threat To Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: David Benavidez Would Pose a Threat To Canelo

Former two division champion Timothy Bradley, who retired from the sport in 2017, is still eager to see Saul "Canelo" Alvarez take on undefeated David Benavidez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have been saying for YEARS that Canelo/Benavidez is the best fight to make at 168

that is the second best fight in boxing... YES, better than Fury/Joshua

cannot believe people can't see that, fans should be screaming for that fight

Comment

Benavidez has been the acknowledged best fighter at 168 since around 2018 not including Canelo hasn't he?
      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Canelo has done what he set out to do at 168. Three fights against three champions (plus a mandatory he was contractually obligated to), three victories and full unification. He seems only interested in "events", either collecting titles or unifications, that appeal and attract the wider boxing audience. Unfortunately Benevidez is best known for losing his title for cocaine, missing weight etc. and is probably well down the list of fights that canelo and his team will be considering. Benevidez needs to do more than just calling for the fight to get it. Maybe go up to 175 and get a title, if he can. Just something more to raise his profile in a positive way.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
          Canelo has done what he set out to do at 168. Three fights against three champions (plus a mandatory he was contractually obligated to), three victories and full unification. He seems only interested in "events", either collecting titles or unifications, that appeal and attract the wider boxing audience. Unfortunately Benevidez is best known for losing his title for cocaine, missing weight etc. and is probably well down the list of fights that canelo and his team will be considering. Benevidez needs to do more than just calling for the fight to get it. Maybe go up to 175 and get a title, if he can. Just something more to raise his profile in a positive way.
          I know but they were all paper champions though. Canelo beats up on the bums of the month club. None of those guys at 168 could hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
            Benavidez has been the acknowledged best fighter at 168 since around 2018 not including Canelo hasn't he?
            Nope, not on this planet.

Comment

Anyone with 2 eyes knows this to be true. But some will follow the Reynoso lead and say things like “who has he beat”, “he’s tailor made for canelo, easy fight”, “he doesn’t deserve it “ while at the same time being cool if canelo picks the mutombo guy who got his ass whooped last night and never beat anyone known to even die hard boxing fans. Canelo’s decision to unify at 168 only happened AFTER Benavidez no longer had a belt. Not a coincidence.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez would most likely beat Benavidez, due to having greater fitness. Although Benavidez vs Alvarez is a great match up, better than Alvarez vs Makabu.

With Benavidez, you know for sure? That he is a fighter, who does not care who Alvarez is and genuinely wants to sparks him out.

I am dubious of the Makabu vs Alvarez match up, and I don't see this same kind of passion and malicious intent within Makabu 'And I have a issue with that'.

Comment

When Canelo takes his mid round breaks, Benavidez will damage him, it’ll end in TKO victory for Benavidez, earlier in the fight than most will imagine…
                  Castilo Castilo Oracle01 Oracle01 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Nope, not on this planet.

Ah ok cool now tell me whos been the best 168 fighter since 2018 apart from Canelo. Think carefully.

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X