Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Praises Jake Paul For Helping Finalize Taylor-Serrano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Praises Jake Paul For Helping Finalize Taylor-Serrano

The feud between Claressa Shields and Jake Paul appears to be simmering down. In a recent interview with TMZ Sports, Shields praised Paul for doing great things for his fighter Amanda Serrano, and women's boxing as a whole.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jake Paul deserves all the praise in the world for his invaluable help in making this monumental fight between Amanda Serrano, and Katie Taylor happen.
    Serrano is finally getting an opportunity to showcase her incredible skills in front of million's of fight fan's, and she'll be earning her biggest pay day to boot.
    She's been avoided by so many champion's enroute to winning championship's in 7 weight divisions, this has caused many to question Serrano's accomplishment's.
    They fail to realize that several champion's opted to vacate their titles rather than defend those very titles against Serrano, thats why she's won vacant titles.
    You can't hold that against her, or diminish her historical record setting accomplishment's, as a matter of fact she's the greatest pound for pound female boxing champion of all time.
    I've never seen another female boxer as avoided as Amanda Serrano has been, that usually happens on the mens side of boxing, which is further testament to Serrano's greatness.
    A shout out to Claressa Shields for acknowledging Jake Paul for his part in this event, and his continued support of Puerto Rican boxer's, this just might lead to the development of more champion's.
    In closing I'm expecting the under card to be loaded with competitive matches from both of their same nationalities Ireland versus Puerto Rico, who are proud American's just the same.
    Serrano's 7 Championship's / Katie's 2 Championship's, and Katie's 1 Olympic Gold Medal. Lets go MSG!!!

Comment

Sounds to me like Shields wants to get on the Jake Paul money train too.

Comment

Who would’ve thought, the symbol of boxing clown shoes has been the biggest advocate for under appreciated fighters from womens boxing to ufc.
        IAmABoxingGuru IAmABoxingGuru likes this.

Comment

I don't particularly like Paul's personality and alot of his antics but I do appreciate his advocacy for the fighters in general and women's boxing specifically.

I also think he's done alot to bring boxing more into the spotlight with casuals. His fights may be carnival freak shows but he seems to take boxing seriously and has displayed respect for the sweet science. His presence in the sport doesn't bother me.
          IAmABoxingGuru IAmABoxingGuru likes this.

Comment

Jake sees how tough and brutal this sport is so his heart is in the right place. That's more than we can say for the actual scumbag promoters/managers of this sport. Anyone who is against that or what Jake himself is doing is a hater, racist or both.

Comment

i never had a problem with Jake Paul. A simple search can prove that. He knows how to sell himself. People are mad their favorite fighters want to fight mandatories once or twice a year and can't make millions from it. It's their fault they can't market themselves.

Comment

Funny she forgot to mention how she was clowning on him talking bout she would kick his arse but when she took an L, she cried like 99.99% of the “oppressed” folks do.

Comment

Hahahaha she wants to fight in JPs cards now after saying she’d never be on his undercard she must’ve seen how much he made last year lol

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                    i never had a problem with Jake Paul. A simple search can prove that. He knows how to sell himself. People are mad their favorite fighters want to fight mandatories once or twice a year and can't make millions from it. It's their fault they can't market themselves.
                    Name a fighter who even has the time to market themselves. Guys like Floyd are far and few in between, outliers to the sport. The average boxer is putting their all into honing their craft and being the best boxer, not marketer. Jake Paul marketed himself FIRST on social media and guess what? Im sure he put everything he has into that. The huge following that was built over time brought other opportunities. He didnt market himself as a boxer first. if youre a boxer trying to market yourself first, youre career wont be very good. Boxing is not a game.

Comment

Working...
                    X