Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ilunga Makabu Edges Thabiso Mchunu Via Split Decision, Retains WBC Title And Calls For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ilunga Makabu Edges Thabiso Mchunu Via Split Decision, Retains WBC Title And Calls For Canelo

By Jake Donovan - Ilunga 'Junior' Makabu enjoyed a repeat win over a familiar foe. The 34-year-old southpaw defended his WBC cruiserweight title for the second time with a twelve-round, split decision win over Thabiso Mchunu. Judge Nathan Palmer (115-113) scored in favor of the counterpunching Mchunu, overruled by Steve Weisfeld (115-113) and Jamie Garayua (116-112) who saw Makabu's come-forward style as enough to retain his title Saturday evening on FIte TV Pay-Per-View from W.D. Packard Music Hall in Warren, Ohio.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBC World Cruiserweight Champion Ilunga Makabu will defend his world title against WBC Cruiserweight Silver Champion Thabiso Mchunu in the main event while WBA Heavyweight Champion Trevor Bryan will square off against WBA No. 13-ranked Heavyweight Contender Jonathan Guidry on Saturday, Jan. 29, at the W.D. Packard Music Hall in Warren, Ohio.

Comment

If the gingerbread man isn’t ringside for this I’ll take it as a straight out duck. Never thought he was serious about the cruiserweight jump to begin with.

Comment

Anyone got a link for this?

Comment

Impressive venue...is that a high school gym?

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
            Anyone got a link for this?
            did anyone?...I'm just asking for a friend

Comment

Didnt get to see the fight, but congrats Mac Truck Scott!

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Impressive venue...is that a high school gym?
                Pretty much. A music hall that ain't been used as a boxing venue in 15 years in Bumble**** Ohio. I looked it up when I was putting up the Pick Em thread. A south African and a Congolese fighting for a world title in Ohio...

Comment

No stream anyone

Comment

Lol Mancini and this other guy licking Don Kings ass calling him a humanitarian etc

Comment

Working...
                    X