Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Giovanni Cabrera Out-Boxes Rene Tellez Giron, Wins Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Giovanni Cabrera Out-Boxes Rene Tellez Giron, Wins Unanimous Decision

Rene Tellez Giron paid Saturday night for coming in overweight Friday and agreeing to fight an unbeaten southpaw instead of his original opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Total lack of dedication from Giron! Far from the guy who bludgeoned Balderas! Shame on him being 5 pounds over.
    Last edited by richardt; 01-30-2022, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Total lack of dedication from Giron! Far from the guy who bludgeoned Balderas! Shame on him being 5 pounds over.
      To be fair they were both out of shape and both had an opponent change so it was pretty fair from the start. Giron just got outboxed by Cabrera who is awkward as hell with his punches but has some good pop and decent footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        To be fair they were both out of shape and both had an opponent change so it was pretty fair from the start. Giron just got outboxed by Cabrera who is awkward as hell with his punches but has some good pop and decent footwork.
        It was certainly fair, but Giron was not being fair to himself. He look fantastic against Balderas and one or two fights after that but last night, he lack of discipline really came out in his lack of effort and conditioning. I was so high on him as I often am when an underdog pulls a great upset like he did against the dangerous Balderas, but this was a huge let down for me. Like in the Cinderella story, the other shoe dropped. Now I'm not sure where he goes, it was a costly mistake he made.
        Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X