Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kiko Martinez, Josh Warrington - Face To Face at Rematch Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Kiko Martinez, Josh Warrington - Face To Face at Rematch Presser

Martinez, Warrington Rematch Press Conference Photos Gallery - Spanish two-weight World Champion Kiko Martinez puts his newly acquired IBF Featherweight belt on the line against old foe Josh Warrington at the First Direct Arena in Leeds. Warrington outpointed Martinez in a close contest at the same venue back in May 2017. The rematch will be live worldwide on DAZN (excluding New Zealand and Australia). (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is Kiko completing what Mauricio Lara started?

Comment

Hell yeah Warrington rocking the Lloyd Christmas hairstyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Is Kiko completing what Mauricio Lara started?
        IDK man... this is actually pretty intriguing and whilst it's easy to think Kiko is riding the wave and Josh is coming off the unavenged loss I'm not at all sure this one will go down like that. Big big fan of Kiko's and I'll be rooting for him here but stylistically the match might favour Josh's high output pressure style I think... despite the beutifully timed OHRs he found against Galahad Kiko ain't generally a massive puncher. Could easily see Warribngton simply outworking him to a modest points win in front of the home judges despite Kiko landing the better single shots throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

IDK man... this is actually pretty intriguing and whilst it's easy to think Kiko is riding the wave and Josh is coming off the unavenged loss I'm not at all sure this one will go down like that. Big big fan of Kiko's and I'll be rooting for him here but stylistically the match might favour Josh's high output pressure style I think... despite the beutifully timed OHRs he found against Galahad Kiko ain't generally a massive puncher. Could easily see Warribngton simply outworking him to a modest points win in front of the home judges despite Kiko landing the better single shots throughout.
          Yeah I could see that as well pulling for Kiko but he lost a MD last time they fought in Leeds don't see it any different unless he lands that KO punch. Warrington is normally pretty durable but maybe that Lara fight took something out of him we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            Yeah I could see that as well pulling for Kiko but he lost a MD last time they fought in Leeds don't see it any different unless he lands that KO punch. Warrington is normally pretty durable but maybe that Lara fight took something out of him we shall see.
            This (also to respond to my Brother Koba, above).

I'm thinking around the lines of "Warrington = damaged goods" after the first Lara fight. The little of the rematch which occurred showed me a few signs of a second knockout loss awaiting for Josh around the corner. And Kiko seems to have improved with age, on a physical level...

It's an intriguing one, for sure.

Comment

Or Dario Argento's

bn2mk3aet7gmog4a1fmg_headshots_dario-argento-2.jpg
              Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

LOL I think he will lose this fight based on this hunchback hair do alone

Comment

Kiko got lucky his last fight . And luckier Luis Ortiz wasnt there .

Comment

Josh, you've been a world champion, beaten Frampton, Selby, Kiko & Galahad. Surely you can afford to pay someone except your missus or your mum to cut your hair?

Seriously, looks like a decent scrap. If Josh wins I hope he gives Mauricio Lara a crack ( but I know a lot of that is out of his hands & about Governing bodies playing silly Bs).

Comment

Working...
                    X