Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia on Spence-Ugas: That's A Dangerous Fight For Spence, Coming Off Eye Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia on Spence-Ugas: That's A Dangerous Fight For Spence, Coming Off Eye Surgery

Mikey Garcia thinks Errol Spence's surgically-repaired left eye is the wild card in the latter's upcoming bout against Yordenis Ugas. Although it has not been formally announced yet, Spence and Ugas are scheduled to face each other in the spring in a welterweight unification bout that will put up for grabs
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even without eye surgery it's a dangerous fight for him. I feel like Spence is going to barely get by him, and only because he'll get the close rounds..Ugas is truly not given the credit he deserved. Had he not suffered does defeats earlier in his career, he would have had a better chance at getting that win against Porter. He has Manny on his resume with a W next to it, ask TC how he feels about that lol,but he is up in a age and these crooks are looking to match Spence vs TC..preferably undefeated.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I see this as a close fight thatll have controversial results similar to porter ugas. As long as spense standing it goes to decision and is in house pbc

Comment

If Ugas lets his hands go consistently, he’ll win easily…

Comment

spence will be 32, ugas almost 36

Ugas beating pac doesnt mean much to me, pac was 42, hadnt fought in 2 years and couldnt pull the trigger, a lot of guys would have beaten him that night.

thing is that spence has only beat garcia since his return, he is injury prone these days, we still havent seen someone test his chin post car crash, i mean he has entirely fake teeth now, how will he react mentally when he is getting rocked, will he be afraid they all come out or what. Will his punch resistance be different, ect.

The garcia fight didnt tell us a whole lot other than spence is more or less able to compete in the top 10 level but he didnt get pushed, we knew if spence was mostly there he gets a boring decision with garcia like everyone does.

Im looking forward to the fight becaues there are a lot of unknowns. I am picking ugas because hes a pretty good fighter, despite his age, i think more reliable and less unknowns about him. spence i dont know what all he really has left and how durable he is.

Comment

If he loses his, eye then he loses his eye. No one has to walk in the ring with a potential career ending injury. If they do then, that's on them. That being said, it should be a fan friendly fight. Ugas doesn't believe in a feeling out process, he goes in and starts banging like all Cubans.

Before the layoff I would have given this to Spence, but now it's maybe 55-45, Ugas.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
              spence will be 32, ugas almost 36

Ugas beating pac doesnt mean much to me, pac was 42, hadnt fought in 2 years and couldnt pull the trigger, a lot of guys would have beaten him that night.

I don't know about not being able to pull the trigger. He threw 800 punches that night! But could only land 10% or so. Ugas is an excellent boxer and an Olympian. I think he would have beaten Pac regardless of any age or time off.
              Last edited by MPA2000; 01-28-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post
                I see this as a close fight thatll have controversial results similar to porter ugas. As long as spense standing it goes to decision and is in house pbc
                What do you mean "in house pbc"?

Comment

Originally posted by MPA2000 View Post

I don't know about not being able to pull the trigger. He threw 800 punches that night! But could only land 10% or so. Ugas is an excellent boxer and an Olympian. I think he would have beaten Pac regardless of any age or time off.

lmfao! We have a candidate for worst post of 2022. Ugas went a full twelve with a guy had left his prime behind nearly ten years before. A young PAC would’ve murdered the ugas who fought him. Put that on your mamas life fam.
                  Rec28 Rec28 HAVISJ HAVISJ like this.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post

lmfao! We have a candidate for worst post of 2022. Ugas went a full twelve with a guy had left his prime behind nearly ten years before. A young PAC would’ve murdered the ugas who fought him. Put that on your mamas life fam.
                    I'm sort of sorry that you live such a sad and pathetic life that you feel the need to attack people's opinion, because you aren't smart enough to come up with an intelligent and civil response.

Everyone knows that just because a fighter is 45 doesn't mean he is easy pickings. George Foreman, Roberto Duran, Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins were examples of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X