Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Avanesyan vs. Metz, Cecilia Braekhus To Fight On, Huck-Kabayel Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Avanesyan vs. Metz, Cecilia Braekhus To Fight On, Huck-Kabayel Update

EBU welterweight champ David Avanesyan (28-3-1) will, according to the EBU, make a voluntary defense of the title against Finnish boxer Oskari Metz (15-0) on a Queensberry Promotion sometime in March with a site to be announced.
    [Click Here To Read More]

avenysan v metz, set your vcrs for this one boys

Comment

Originally posted by jjscruff View Post
      avenysan v metz, set your vcrs for this one boys
      Wait a minute, I'm confused. In a recent interview his promoter was asked about Avanesyan, not being a big enough name. His promoter insisted he was a big name. So I'm thinking, ok let's see who he fights next, surely he'll be headlining his own card right? But no, he's not headlining his own card, and he's fighting........ sorry had to go back and look there, well it doesn't matter who he's fighting, as its someone we've never heard of Lmao. Looks like his promoter is being a tad misleading.

Comment

Oskari Metz is ranked 184th in the world on boxrec this is literally Louis Ortiz level matchmaking.

I appreciate Avanesyan isn't the most popular etc but this is horrible, I'm not asking for a top 10 guy but come on.
        Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
          Oskari Metz is ranked 184th in the world on boxrec this is literally Louis Ortiz level matchmaking.

I appreciate Avanesyan isn't the most popular etc but this is horrible, I'm not asking for a top 10 guy but come on.
          It was put to Frank Warren, why doesn't Avanesyan fight Ekow Essuman. And Warren said that Ekow was not on that level yet. So does he think Oskari Metz is?

Comment

Is Avanesyan avoided or avoiding? I can't figure it out

Comment

Some interesting tidbits there. Avenesyan fighting an unknown Finnish fighter. David is in a tough spot, he's good enough to beat alot of decent fighters but has no real following himself so he's high risk/low reward.

Braekhus is continuing on her career, maybe it was the weight but she looked completely shopworn against McCaskill.

Kabayel fighting Huck for the EBU title sometime in the spring. So, he passed on Hrgovic to fight Huck for the EBU title? Interesting...

Comment

nobody wants to see kabayel vs huck. huck is over the hill and kabayel is heading nowhere.

Comment

Pity about Avanesyan fighting Metz... It's one thing to put Avanesyan against an unproven fighter, but at least make it look like he has a chance. This guy only has 5 KOs in 15 fights, and all his KOs are against no-hopers... you can't put someone without a punch against Avanesyan, who breaks down even heavy punchers.

Comment

Avanesyan and Kabayel are wasting their careers.

Comment

Working...
                    X