Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: If Joshua Side-Stepped Usyk Rematch, It Would Show Weakness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: If Joshua Side-Stepped Usyk Rematch, It Would Show Weakness

Former WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko is urging Anthony Joshua to stay on course for a rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. Klitschko was ringside last September, to watch his countryman Usyk outbox Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO world titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua is not a good enough boxer to outbox Usyk..He will lose again unless he fights exactly how Hearn told him to, just use brute force not skill...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
      Joshua is not a good enough boxer to outbox Usyk..He will lose again unless he fights exactly how Hearn told him to, just use brute force not skill...
      He’ll get clipped/run out of gas if he fights like that.

I don’t think he can win the fight
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Klitschko is right. Joshua and Hearn know this but are now looking hesitant in moving forward with an immediate rematch. There should have been a date by now.
        P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

He’ll get clipped/run out of gas if he fights like that.

I don’t think he can win the fight
          Yes we keep hearing this but I really want to see it, Usyk is not an immortal cyborg, Joshua has been mentally out of sorts for years now and I don't expect him to be able to correct that but if he does he will be a far more difficult proposition in the rematch.

Usyk looked like he had been hit in the face with a baseball bat last time and Joshua didn't even land anything with more than about 55% leverage on it, if he catches Usyk with even an 80% leverage right hand you will see just how mortal he is.

Let's have the rematch, hopefully Joshua will see it as a last roll of the dice with nothing to lose and come out and have a proper go, and the chips will fall as they may.

Comment

It's a shame AJ doesn't have a brother to fight his rematches for him like the Klits did.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              It's a shame AJ doesn't have a brother to fight his rematches for him like the Klits did.
              I laugh when these Johnny come lately casuals complain about Joshua having a rematch clause.

Remember the "if you beat me you have to fight my brother twice, then me again" klitschko contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                A brute force caveman unga bunga strategy probably just gets him outboxed even worse than last time or even stopped. It's just not in his DNA. Despite the exaggerations of users on this forum the first fight wasn't uncompetitve, Joshua wasn't that far off. In the middle rounds he was starting to build momentum that could have seen him take the fight had Usyk not rallied and taken the momentum back in the final rounds. It's definitely not inconceivable that Joshua could win the rematch by making relatively small improvements and adjustments rather than sweeping changes to his game that run contrary to his fighting style.

Comment

The bodybuilder is going to get a boxing lesson and possibly get KTFO this time around.

Comment

True what Vitali says. Although, the easier way out and wiser business move is just take step aside money for free, and fight the Fury-Usyk winner for the undisputed title.

However, they would still to deal with the issue of Whyte getting his shot. Also, what if Fury and Usyk fight to a draw, what then? So AJ may as well fight Usyk and find out if he can beat him at a second attempt or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X