Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Scores Two Knockdowns, Soundly Outpoints Macaulay McGowan In Madrid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Scores Two Knockdowns, Soundly Outpoints Macaulay McGowan In Madrid

Sergio Martinez continues to thrive well into the twilight of his storied career. The 46-year-old former lineal middleweight champion claimed his fourth straight win since his launched comeback more than two years, the latest in a lopsided ten-round, unanimous decision over Macaulay McGowan. Scores 99-89, 99-89 and 98-90 in favor of Martinez, who scored knockdowns in rounds seven and ten in their middleweight bout Thursday evening at Wizink Center in Madrid, Spain.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope no legit MW takes a fight with Martinez, the knee issues just don't go away on top of being 46, there isn't much to gain by beating him.

Comment

I really think if they do a WBA eliminator between Eubank Jr. Vs. Martinez, la maravilla would school Eubank Jr. at 46 years old and then I believe he fights the winner of GGG vs Murata or the WBA regular champion Erislandy Lara

Comment

Originally posted by Allaureate View Post
        I really think if they do a WBA eliminator between Eubank Jr. Vs. Martinez, la maravilla would school Eubank Jr. at 46 years old and then I believe he fights the winner of GGG vs Murata or the WBA regular champion Erislandy Lara
        I'd like to think that since Maravilla was one of my favorite fighters in his prime but like Johnny said those knee issues at that age don't go away. I don't think he will have the mobility to keep these fresher bigger fighters off of him, let's not forget Sergio was undersized at 160 he only moved up because nobody wanted to fight him at 154. In terms of skills Martinez is above Murata and Eubank Jr but youth is a big advantage regardless of skill level Hopkins vs Joe Smith Jr is a good example.

Allaureate Allaureate likes this.

Comment

If Eubank could not dominate and stop Martinez at this point in his career, it would really be a blemish on Eubank.
          Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Prime Sergio Martinez and Dmitry Pirog, the two great Golovkin fights that never happened.

Comment

sexy Sergio still lookin ripped here t weigh in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LCH3l741Y

Comment

I hear you Murray in all honesty I feel Eubank Jr. Is regressing as far as his opponents go. He should've been fought for a world title yet and nothing. No offense to Liam Williams but that's a step down in the level Eubank Jr. claims he's in. All the champions at middleweight would give Eubank Jr. that work. The only champion I feel he legit has a chance against is Charlo. And look he said he was gonna fight Charlo and still nothing he's all mouth, hype, and no action. Very limited skills but I cant front his stamina and engine are high level, but I feel Martinez would box circles around Eubank Jr.

Comment

I think you guys are a little harsh on Eubanks. He would take Sergio out in the middle rounds. The kid can fight, maybe not a longtime champion but is world class, and I think will eventually get a slice of the middleweight championship. And Sergio can’t keep a strong young talented fighter off him at his age.

Comment

Sergio physically looked as good as iv ever seen him,on the scales he looked amazing and he looked pretty good for a 46yr old but is he obviously slower all round,im talking reflexes,handspeed,footspeed etc,the guy he fought had 14wins but only 3 k.o.s so he was a fairly safe opponent. As a big fan of his id hate to see him against some1 like Eubank Jr nevermind Golovkin,Martinez 10yrs ago was brilliant but id like to see him retire or just stay at this level,he is only going to get slower.

Comment

Working...
                    X