Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Olympic Gold Medalist Galal Yafai Signs With Matchroom, Pro Debut February 27 At The O2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Olympic Gold Medalist Galal Yafai Signs With Matchroom, Pro Debut February 27 At The O2

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Champion Galal Yafai MBE has signed a long-term promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing and will make his highly anticipated professional debut on the Lawrence Okolie vs. Michal Cieslak WBO Cruiserweight World Title show at The O2 in London on Sunday February 27, live worldwide on DAZN (excluding New Zealand and Australia).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Happy for the local lad, Brothers are real nice guys too. Good signing.

Comment

I'll be surprised if Galal Yafai has as much success as his brother Kal Yafai. Galal's signing with Matchroom tells me that his career is going to be carefully managed, his resume is going to be filled with pillow fisted bums and washed-up veterans.

Eddie Hearn will use Galal's gold-medal to add value to Matchroom's crappy cards, Hearn will likely stick the UK's flyweight gold-medalist just under a women's British commonwealth title match. If Galal is lucky he might fight under chief-support of a Campbell Hatton stinker.

Comment

His pro career hasn’t even started Yet and the conspiracy theories are already being started in this chat!
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          I'll be surprised if Galal Yafai has as much success as his brother Kal Yafai. Galal's signing with Matchroom tells me that his career is going to be carefully managed, his resume is going to be filled with pillow fisted bums and washed-up veterans.

Eddie Hearn will use Galal's gold-medal to add value to Matchroom's crappy cards, Hearn will likely stick the UK's flyweight gold-medalist just under a women's British commonwealth title match. If Galal is lucky he might fight under chief-support of a Campbell Hatton stinker.
          Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...
            I'm pretty sure Eddie done this with Galal's own brother Kal Yafai. Its a pattern with lighter-weight Matchroom champions and contenders. Besides, the UK does not care about any skilled boxers, they are only interested in the useless HW division. Galal can win world-titles from 112 all the way to 122, and the Brits wont care.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I'm pretty sure Eddie done this with Galal's own brother Kal Yafai. Its a pattern with lighter-weight Matchroom champions and contenders. Besides, the UK does not care about any skilled boxers, they are only interested in the useless HW division. Galal can win world-titles from 112 all the way to 122, and the Brits wont care.
              I can only presume you're being sarcastic about UK boxing fans not caring. If not, go back to bed.

Comment

Galal Yafai (UK) v Jade Bornea (PHI) .

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

I can only presume you're being sarcastic about UK boxing fans not caring. If not, go back to bed.
                  I think the Brits will be more concern with Campbell Hatton's career, to be honest. I believe Galal Yafai probably wins a world-title before Conor Benn, and the Brits will still pay Box-Office for Benn without a world-title. Josh Taylor is undisputed, but there is no support for Taylor either, I dont think the UK have the best fans, I think they are some of worst to be honest.

Comment

29 already? He's not going to have much of a pro career. Seems unlikely he ever gets a world title.

Comment

Working...
                    X