Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Curtis Stevens Returns on March 3: I'm Gonna Come Back Strong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Curtis Stevens Returns on March 3: I'm Gonna Come Back Strong

By Thomas Gerbasi - Call it unfinished business for Curtis Stevens. Just don't call it a comeback, because the way the proud Brooklyn native sees it, he was never gone. Stevens' uncle and former trainer Andre Rozier won't be in his nephew's corner for that first fight back on March 3. In their last fight together, Stevens was dropped three times en route to a three-round TKO loss to Wale Omotoso
    [Click Here To Read More]

Long time between drinks assumed he was done he just always fell short at that top level just hope he doesn't get hurt

Comment

In other words, he broke.

Comment

About to make some money the best way that he knows how. Not mad at him

Comment

I like him but last time I laid money he got sparked.

Comment

I’m not going to kill his dream or desire for wanting to be the best, but it’s typically when you are younger and as a middleweight you have to be taller than 5’7” James Hardrock; however due you and be happy and know you gave all you had so at the end of the day you can say hell I could have made a lot more money had I investing this much time into a promising career of a different sort. The time you will never get back!

Comment

His chin is dented. Doesn't take too much to stop him no a days.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                In other words, he broke.
                Exactly. Another washed up, late 30's, ex contender, broke.

Comment

Epsom salts? That's the first time I've heard that excuse.

Sadly wisdom comes with age and many fighters don't get smart until it's too late in their careers.

Comment

I need to see how Curtis Stevens looks in his next fight because IMO, Curtis may still have a few fights in him.

As I see it...yes...Stevens has a number of concussions but he also has a marketable name and he's every bit as relevant as David Lemieux. I would take Stevens over anyone Murata fought and many of Charlo's opponents.... and that's saying something. Curtis Stevens may not be superman but I think he has enough pop to make fights entertaining and if long as he is matched and managed correctly and he can still make some good paydays.

Comment

Working...
                    X