Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Out-Boxed, Out-Classed, Out-Skilled Mark Magsayo; At Least 9-3, 10-2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Out-Boxed, Out-Classed, Out-Skilled Mark Magsayo; At Least 9-3, 10-2

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Gary Russell Jr. was stunned when Jimmy Lennon Jr. uttered the words, "And the new," late Saturday night. Russell was certain that, even with just the use of one arm for eight-plus rounds, he had done more than enough to defeat Mark Magsayo in their 12-round, 126-pound title fight at Borgata Event Center. Judges Mark Consentino and Henry Grant disagreed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He certainly displayed resolve and skills, fighting injured for as long as he did. He didn't win the fight however.

The supreme confidence (perhaps arrogance) that led him to believe he could go into the fight injured and win is also the same reason why he continues to think he did win.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      He certainly displayed resolve and skills, fighting injured for as long as he did. He didn't win the fight however.

The supreme confidence (perhaps arrogance) that led him to believe he could go into the fight injured and win is also the same reason why he continues to think he did win.
      Spot on! I would like to see GRJ fight Brandon Figueroa in Figueroa's debut @ 126! If he wins that, he's right back in the mix!

Comment

In your dreams Gary, the fans agreed and accepted the decision actually it should be UD imo. Davin Haney is a bum.

Comment

GRJ lost this fight because he didn't throw enough punches to connect, We know why. That said Magsayo needs some work. he could'nt even take out a one arm opponent.

Comment

Even the 115-113 score card was Gary being given every close round.

You don't get bonus points for coming in injured and you don't get points for flashy dodges when your opponent has higher accuracy and more than double your landed punches.

Comment

Gary, I’m a fan but you flat out lost and it wasn’t close. The injury might be part of the story but you still lost.
              eco1 eco1 Boxing Beast Boxing Beast like this.

Comment

Nah, you lost Gary. Magsayo beat you fair and square

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  GRJ lost this fight because he didn't throw enough punches to connect, We know why. That said Magsayo needs some work. he could'nt even take out a one arm opponent.
                  It's weird. He was totally outclassing Gary prior to Gary fighting one handed. Maybe it's because Gary figured him out but I think it threw off Magsayo's game plan. Maybe he thought Gary was laying a trap and played it safe.

Regardless, he did enough to win and that's what matters.

Gary Broner Jr. can suck it.
                  RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Gary lost, Magsayo looked bad. Just get Magsayo a fight and Gary some surgery. All will be well.
                    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X