Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I'm One Loss Away From Retirement, I Don't Want To Lose or Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I'm One Loss Away From Retirement, I Don't Want To Lose or Retire

Former two division world champion Sergio Martinez, 46-years-old, admits that he's one loss away from retirement. Martinez returns to the ring on Thursday against British contender Macaulay McGowan in Madrid, Spain.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this the same Martinez that fought Paul Williams and Chavez jr? I thought he been retired lol
    Last edited by The tucker; 01-25-2022, 02:39 AM.

Comment

LOL. Just been reading polemic about how ****e the sanctioning bodies are, esp. the WBA, and now I come to this page and find that, after 6 years out, 3 wins against no-hopers, and an impending fight against another no hoper, this bloke’s highly ranked by the WBA.

Comment

Remember when GGG fans complained about 39 year old injury saddled Martinez fighting Cotto for big ppv money yet they're fine with capable GGG spending the past few years handpicking and being inactive, even turning down the Canelo trilogy.
        MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Give it up 'Maravilla', the top five are going to give you a worse beating than Miguel Cotto.
          Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Give it up 'Maravilla', the top five are going to give you a worse beating than Miguel Cotto.
            Once the legs are gone, your boxing career is over for good.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Once the legs are gone, your boxing career is over for good.
              Sergio Martinez is shot. Judging Martinez by his poor showing against Brian Rose, Sergio probably cant even beat bum Michael Zerafa or Sam Eggington. Sergio Martinez looks like Carlos Molina with a bad leg.
              Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Sergio Martinez is shot. Judging Martinez by his poor showing against Brian Rose, Sergio probably cant even beat bum Michael Zerafa or Sam Eggington. Sergio Martinez looks like Carlos Molina with a bad leg.
                Sergio Martinez, had a really good run/career in his time, but his time is definitely over, and he should accept that fact before he gets hurt.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

How about Andrade vs Martinez? Yes, Sergio is past his prime, but if he can get a title shot, and is ranked in the top ten, why not a big name for Demetrius.

It's not as if Andrade is going to get a fight with Canelo, GGG or Charlo. Martinez could try to become the oldest middleweight champion. Of course, it's quite a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                    Remember when GGG fans complained about 39 year old injury saddled Martinez fighting Cotto for big ppv money yet they're fine with capable GGG spending the past few years handpicking and being inactive, even turning down the Canelo trilogy.
                    Author of the article “Sergio Martinez: I'm One Loss Away From Retirement”

C
                    anelo fan boy “ Hey guys, let me share this random unrelated info about how much I hate ggg, how much I love Canelo, and blatantly lie about ggg ducking a trilogy. Ahhhh , now I feel better

Comment

Working...
                    X