No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wretched WBA Offering Prompts New Sanctioning Crusade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wretched WBA Offering Prompts New Sanctioning Crusade

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - So a guy named Trevor Bryan is fighting a guy named Jonathan Guidry this weekend. They're calling it - or, well, at least some are calling it - a heavyweight title fight. If that alone doesn't turn your stomach, go ahead and stop reading now.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think there are still ways to game that system; replays could still be controversial. Which contender fights who? If you wanted it to be truly systematic you would need points and live draws like in Soccer for who has to fight who. I honestly think using replays would turn out to be more controversial than it is because of angles and slow-motion skewing peoples perceptions even more.
    Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Thanks for the nice dream Lyle. Just woke up and saw the faces of Bryan and Guildry

Comment

There's one "sanctioning body" he shouldn't have even mentioned. As bad as the others are, that one never deserves a mention. And how does he have Casimero over Donaire and Ioka over Chocolatito? I have some other complaints, but those are the most egregious of the bunch. I'll say that I mostly agree with this article, which I've NEVER said about Fitzy and likely won't again.

Comment

I'd rather see Fulton Vs M.J. @ 122Lb & Martinez/Edwards @ 112.

Comment

Ilunga Makabu is a strange choice at cruiserweight couldn't find a cross belt ranker that had him 2nd Ring\boxrec\trans national etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post
              And how does he have Casimero over Donaire and Ioka over Chocolatito?
              Inoue already beat Donaire
              Estrada already beat Choco

Comment

Couldn’t agree more up to the proposed fights but the rest was absolutely spot on and pretty much essential if boxing is going prosper not just survive.

In terms of fights I’d prefer Okoloie be Breidis at cruiser.
                what has Ramirez done at 175 to warrant his inclusion - clearly it should be Bivol by a mile bs Beterbiev.
                Josh Taylor has All the belts at 140 so I don’t see why he should have to fight for it particularly as he’s already beaten Prograis.
                Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Inoue already beat Donaire
                  Estrada already beat Choco
                  I don't think most people who watched the Estrada/Choco fight thought Estrada won. It was kind of close, but not close enough to give Estrada more than 5 rounds. Top 3 FOTY in my book.
                  Inoue / Donaire was as compelling of a matchup as there is out there.
                  Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

All points solid. Do disagree about eliminators. In theory they are a good idea. But there’s no way to escape the shakedown fee

Comment

Working...
                    X