Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell: I'm Going To End Viktor Postol in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell: I'm Going To End Viktor Postol in Five Rounds

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, Gary Antuanne Russell, a 2016 U.S. Olympian, faces former world champion Viktor Postol in a 10-round super lightweight bout on Saturday, February 26 from The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Postol probably wins 10/12 rds.
    steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

If Postal is anything like his old self, Antwatt is in for a long night and a crushing defeat.

Comment

I think Postol might be too old and taking physical pressure from the much younger Russell at that age is hard to imagine him holding up and being able to mount any lead. That kind of physical non-stop pressure can really drain a much older fighter and the legs can weaken, especially a fighter who hasn't fought in a year and a half. Postol would have to use Russell's zero defense against him which may or may not be enough. Postol would have to reduce Russell's forward movement with multiple jabs and movement. It's hard to pick against a younger more active fighter vs an older more inactive fighter. But I would much rather see Matias against Russell which would be a fight of the year type fight with a guaranteed KO ending.
        Last edited by richardt; 01-24-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

WOW, five rounds? Just win the fight, don't go seeking a KO! This ain't Santiago fam! DMV Stand Up!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            I think Postol might be too old and taking physical pressure from the much younger Russell at that age is hard to imagine him holding up and being able to mount any lead. That kind of physical non-stop pressure can really drain a much older fighter and the legs can weaken, especially a fighter who hasn't fought in a year and a half. Postol would have to use Russell's zero defense against him which may or may not be enough. Postol would have to reduce Russell's forward movement with multiple jabs and movement. I would much rather see Matias against Russell which would be a fight of the year type fight with a guaranteed KO ending.
            Matias vs. Ponce! Make It Happen! If no Ponce, Prograis!

Comment

Stopping Postol would be extremely impressive and a loud statement for Antuanne Russell

Postol is tough with a great chin, Long Jab and underrated Boxing Skills overall. Good fight though and a good Step Up/Test for Antuanne Russell

Comment

If he does he’s something special

Comment

Fighting Postol for his 15th fight is aggressive. I don’t like the style matchup for Russell. This could be one of those matchups that win or lose, he won’t look good like Jose Ramirez.

Russell’s team is trying to get in position for a title shot, vacant or not. If Russell gets a clear W, it will be impressive.

Comment

I seriously doubt he can stop Postol in 5.

But it will be a huge statement if he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X