Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: You Either Have Video-Assisted Replays or You Don't...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: You Either Have Video-Assisted Replays or You Don't...

We want our referees and officials to be accountable. We also want them to have the chance to explain their actions. But in a sport that doesn't make wholesale use of VAR (video-assisted replays) what we don't need is a public hanging like the one received by Eddie Claudio yesterday in New Jersey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Instant replay sure helped Andrew Moloney...
    _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Its a pbc show, what else would you expect?

All the egregious s**t they do will never be called into question. Theyre just using the video replay to further their racist agenda and embarrass unwilling participants.

This will allow them to further control fights and narratives by dissuading refs from making calls that will get them ridiculed ie. anything that isnt beneficial for the bla... I mean, fighter they want to win.

Where was the replays and public ref hanging on Warren Zhakiyanov? They sure counted Zhakiyanov being dropped twice before he even reached the ground, but the two subsequent trips to the floor for Warren are “slips”, the way they are for every black fighter on pbc unless the guy is practically out cold Martinez-Williams style, a fight need I remind you has a black ref that cheerleads Williams’ lands and counts even after Williams is in the shadow realm.

Par for the course.

Just another tool used by pbc in their racist agenda, now firmly situated snugly among short notice fights, “daring to be great” for everyone but certain fighters, dragging up in weight, last minute glove shenanigans, never taking cross-promotional fights cause literally always lose and hurts narrative, blatantly rob everyone especially spanish names but certain other fighters always get gifts.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I don't think they should've put the ref on the spot like that, but once they did, he should've been man enough to admit that there was a knock down! He could've just said, "I didn't see that in real time." Run It Back...ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I don't think they should've put the ref on the spot like that, but once they did, he should've been man enough to admit that there was a knock down! He could've just said, "I didn't see that in real time." Run It Back...ASAP!
          You don't think he should have been held accountable for that? If you **** up on the job, you get called out.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post

All the egregious s**t they do will never be called into question. Theyre just using the video replay to further their racist agenda and embarrass unwilling participants.

This will allow them to further control fights and narratives by dissuading refs from making calls that will get them ridiculed ie. anything that isnt beneficial for the bla... I mean, fighter they want to win.

Where was the replays and public ref hanging on Warren Zhakiyanov? They sure counted Zhakiyanov being dropped twice before he even reached the ground, but the two subsequent trips to the floor for Warren are “slips”, the way they are for every black fighter on pbc unless the guy is practically out cold Martinez-Williams style, a fight need I remind you has a black ref that cheerleads Williams’ lands and counts even after Williams is in the shadow realm.

Par for the course.

Just another tool used by pbc in their racist agenda, now firmly situated snugly among short notice fights, “daring to be great” for everyone but certain fighters, dragging up in weight, last minute glove shenanigans, never taking cross-promotional fights cause literally always lose and hurts narrative, blatantly rob everyone especially spanish names but certain other fighters always get gifts.
            Except Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, and Brook vs. Spence, or Joshua vs. Ruiz! Lol! Was this a racist agenda for a Black Man to lose to a Mongolian? LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post

Par for the course.

Trump is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

You don't think he should have been held accountable for that? If you **** up on the job, you get called out.
                It was a bad call, and I understood why he made the call, in real time! However, once they showed it to him many times on replay, he looked like an idiot, when he couldn't admit his mistake!

Comment

I agree with the article because I felt that exact way in the moment watching it live. How you going to call out the guy and really put pressure on him in front of everyone? It's like they were trying to bust him for a really evil thing he did. I know it ended up being the deciding factor, but in the end, it was over. They weren't going to overturn the decision right then and there in the ring, so why grill the guy and make him look dumb on tv? He missed it in real-time, Okay. I know his reaction against the replay didn't help him much because it made him sound stupid that he was still not agreeing with what he saw on the replay, but I blame that for them putting him on the spot. He didn't really know how to handle the situation since there was already tension and now you want him to immediately right there, change his mind. Now he just sounds even more incompetent. Like, "WHOOPS, Sorry everybody. Oh and sorry to the fighter who lost his opportunity to come away with the W, OH WELL, next time!"

No, instead, he stuck with his initially decision, even if it was obvious it was wrong, just so he could appear to agree with himself no matter what and not appear to think he made a mistake in his eyes. It was a bad decision to put him on the spot there no matter what way you slice it.
                  Last edited by ELPacman; 01-24-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    I agree with the article because I felt that exact way in the moment watching it live. How you going to call out the guy and really put pressure on him in front of everyone? It's like they were trying to bust him for a really evil thing he did. I know it ended up being the deciding factor, but in the end, it was over. They weren't going to overturn the decision right then and there in the ring, so why grill the guy and make him look dumb on tv? He missed it in real-time, Okay. I know his reaction against the replay didn't help him much because it made him sound stupid that he was still not agreeing with what he saw on the replay, but I blame that for them putting him on the spot. He didn't really know how to handle the situation since there was already tension and now you want him to immediately right there, change his mind. Now he just sounds even more incompetent. Like, "WHOOPS, Sorry everybody. Oh and sorry to the fighter who lost his opportunity to come away with the W, OH WELL, next time!"

No, instead, he stuck with his initially decision, even if it was obvious it was wrong, just so he could appear to agree with himself no matter what and not appear to think he made a mistake in his eyes. It was a bad decision to put him on the spot there no matter what way you slice it.
                    Something feels a little fishy about this, especially how all the sudden he was fine after Jojo beat Fortuna then lost to Haney.

Comment

Working...
                    X