Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Opens Up on Bout With Mental Health Struggles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Opens Up on Bout With Mental Health Struggles

Ryan Garcia's biggest win of his life may have been the one he earned from outside the confines of a boxing ring. In a profile by Dan Rafael published in the Jan. 13 issue of Boxing News, the popular Garcia offered what is probably his most elaborate account thus far on the much-publicized psychic turmoil he faced last year and which abruptly ground his burgeoning career to a halt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I kind of feel bad for the kid! Because he is still just a kid! It's easy to forget that KingRy and Devin Haney are still only 23 year old kids! Teofimo Lopez is only 24! To put that into perspective, Lomachenko didn't turn pro until he was 25! I hope Ryan get's it together, and in the meantime, please just STFU and fight!

Comment

Most of us live in our minds....we've gone into our minds because of trauma...mainly as children when we couldn't defend ourselves or speak up in most cases. I'd like him to briefly look into that. Social media does a lot more harm than good for those struggling with mental health.

He has to keep up an image on social media, maintain some of level of "aggression" because of his profession and the perceived social standards surrounding it, and I'm sure others are financially depending on him (adults, of course).

That's a lot for anybody....especially a for a young man.

Sadly, the more he makes his issues known, the more he'll be judged. Boxing fans want him to fight, even through his mental health issues. We expect fighters to fight through injuries all the time. It's a very unforgiving sport and it return on investment isn't always promised. He must never forget this.

He's gonna have to decide what he's going to do in this sport. If there's perceived "weakness" of ANY form, he'll be taken apart bit by bit; his potential opponents are watching...and empathizing...but watching, nonetheless. And social media is THE most unrelenting opponent for anybody if they don't create some type of boundaries.

Tough spot for the kid but boxing is jealous and it needs ALL of you, not just the parts you feel comfortable giving. I hope he finds his way out of this, somehow. Rough on all fronts, indeed.
      Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 01-24-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I kind of feel bad for the kid! Because he is still just a kid! It's easy to forget that KingRy and Devin Haney are still only 23 year old kids! Teofimo Lopez is only 24! To put that into perspective, Lomachenko didn't turn pro until he was 25! I hope Ryan get's it together, and in the meantime, please just STFU and fight!
        Well said man
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          Most of us live in our minds....we've gone into our minds because of trauma...mainly as children when we couldn't defend ourselves or speak up in most cases. I'd like him to briefly look into that. Social media does a lot more harm than good for those struggling with mental health.

He has to keep up an image on social media, maintain some of level of "aggression" because of his profession and the perceived social standards surrounding it, and I'm sure others are financially depending on him (adults, of course).

Sadly, the more he makes his issues known, the more he'll be judged. Boxing fans want him to fight, even through his mental health issues. We expect fighters to fight through injuries all the time. It's a very unforgiving sport and it return on investment isn't always promised. He must never forget this.

He's gonna have to decide what he's going to do in this sport. If there's perceived "weakness" of ANY form, he'll be taken apart bit by bit; his potential opponents are watching...and empathizing...but watching, nonetheless. And social media is THE most unrelenting opponent for anybody if they don't create some type of boundaries.

Tough spot for the kid but boxing is jealous and it needs ALL of you, not just the parts you feel comfortable giving. I hope he finds his way out of this, somehow. Rough on all fronts, indeed.
          VERY well said

Comment

Ryan ain't built for this
            Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

pressure pressure pressure, life is a pressure cooker, u either explode or somehow learn to live with it, some people dont give a crap about anyone apart from themselves so they have no such issues, oh sometimes being a psychopath would just be so much easier

anyway he has lots of teen girls who will help him online, they love all the drama, if he pulls through and is great in the ring, even better, he can write books on it, cha ching.....

Comment

"psychic turmoil..." LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

The problem is that Ryan, and so many kids, are the ones who voluntarily create the image on social media! GBP didn't create that image! GBP can't control what he says, posts, etc,! GBP admits they want a "soft touch!" KingRy says he wants Pit bull! GBP does some BS to give the perception that they are trying to appease Ryan, but it's a smoke screen all along! GBP wants KingRy to come back slowly, but Ryan's social media presence makes it very difficult!
                  Last edited by Bronx2245; 01-24-2022, 11:48 AM.

Comment

When I was 23 I had everything a young man could want and i was a mental wreck. I got help and grinded it out. It's takes courage and persistence to battle it. Nothing to be ashamed of.
                    Mike_b Mike_b likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X