No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magsayo Does Just Enough: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Magsayo Does Just Enough: Weekend Afterthoughts

One thing is likely after Saturday night. The WBC is going to see an increase in the number of times they collect sanctioning fees at featherweight. The long reign of Gary Russell Jr., boxing's least active titlist over the last six years, is over. Russell made a game go of it, fighting largely one-handed for most of the fight and keeping it close until the end. Close wasn't good enough.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just enough? Despite the garbage cards, I had Gary losing 9-3. I could see 8-4 but absolutely no closer than that. And I’m a Russell fan.
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

I didn't think the fight was all that great but they gave it to the right man. Obviously Russell didn't look himself but I'm Okay with him losing the belt. I'm pretty sure Mark won't be going on 1 fight per year cards. Mark sounds like the kind that is just going to keep on grinding away. Whether he eventually loses it sooner because he plays the numbers game, I just like to see the champion defending it more often.

Gary said he was going to look into what, 3 fights per year now? At this point, he's going to have to because he's no longer a commodity. He lost his belt, he's already lost to Loma. Where does he go from here? He's also 33... He might of wish he cashed in more often when he was younger and a champion by fighting at least 3 times a year. It's not going to get any easier from here now if he does decide to go at it 3 times a year without a belt and more risk, less reward for his opponents.
      Last edited by ELPacman; 01-24-2022, 12:53 PM.
      Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Mark Magsayo will be learning in every fight and will stay for long as a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
          Mark Magsayo will be learning in every fight and will stay for long as a champion.
          The field is so stacked, though... But Mark does have talent and he seems like he wants to keep improving. He's a likable guy. I'm getting tired of the "everyone knows I beat him" arrogance we're seeing a lot of.
          Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Davin Haney is a bum

Comment

Working...
            X