Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Joshua's New Training Team: 'I Just See This as a Tweak'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Joshua's New Training Team: 'I Just See This as a Tweak'

Eddie Hearn thinks that some of the speculation about his promotional client Anthony Joshua and the impending overhaul of his corner is overblown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

​​​​​People here will notice something about Joshua and Hearn.

In among all of the noise from public figures involved in boxing, and from a large proportion of fans, that Joshua needs to just turn up, get in Usyk's face with his size, and hit him anywhere, and hard, nothing either AJ nor Hearn have said or done in recent months indicates that they even remotely agree.

If they did, why would Joshua need to make any 'tweaks' to his team at all? If he already has the solution to the rematch within him, what's anyone else gonna bring to the table? Why has Hearn waited till now to dampen down the speculation about coaching overhauls, knowing what it implies about their view on AJ's chances in the rematch?

In the lead up to Ruiz 2, increasing his mobility and use of his reach were the apparent aims, and that was reflected, not just in the fight itself, but all the noise from AJ's camp in the months leading up to it. You may all recall the talk of taking Johsua from bodybuilder-aesthetic to that of a classic boxer.
    This time, there is no coherent line about the direction Joshua's training should be taking.

To me, this is telling. My point here is that, contrary to wide opinion, these guys know they're in a real contest this time out, against a proper boxer., to the extent that I'm not convinced even Hearn is confident of this getting turned around.

Going further, still, I believe popular boxing analyses are bordering on superficial. I know nowhere near as much as proper hardcores, but the above will hopefully prompt a wider consideration of boxing in general; in this instance, if Usyk's such a light touch, especially for the BIG men (whatver the f that means), then why is even the motormouth promoter apparently ****ting bricks?
    Last edited by P to the J; 01-24-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Just make the fight already

All I see is scared heel dragging knowing the inevitable & they know they can't get away with fighting shot old men any more.
      5 month's to make a rematch originally pencilled in for Feb. It'll probably be May June the way they're going.

Comment

Usyk will be fighting for his country. Which is under serious threat now. There’s fighting with a chip on your shoulder, and this is miles above that. That motivation will make him an awesome force
        Last edited by VislorTurlough; 01-24-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
          Usyk will be fighting for his country. Which is under serious threat now. There’s fighting with a chip on your shoulder, and this is miles above that. That motivation will make him an awesome force
          Joshua makes a crumby Russian though….
          wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
            Just make the fight already

All I see is scared heel dragging knowing the inevitable & they know they can't get away with fighting shot old men any more.
            5 month's to make a rematch originally pencilled in for Feb. It'll probably be May June the way they're going.
            Just seen some talk swirling about a step aside deal and undisputed fight being made.

If I was Joshua, I’d take a deal and take the winner. You might win a pure one-off against Fury/Usyk, with a favourable gust of wind behind you and the gods on your side…

But having to go through Usyk and THEN Fury?! No thanks
            Last edited by P to the J; 01-24-2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

soft

Comment

Thanks Eddy for the interesting comment…otherwise when do you start working on this fight ???

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  soft
                  Fury needed several trainers for Wilder the least skilled modern heavyweight of all time .

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
                    ​​​​​People here will notice something about Joshua and Hearn.

In among all of the noise from public figures involved in boxing, and from a large proportion of fans, that Joshua needs to just turn up, get in Usyk's face with his size, and hit him anywhere, and hard, nothing either AJ nor Hearn have said or done in recent months indicates that they even remotely agree.

If they did, why would Joshua need to make any 'tweaks' to his team at all? If he already has the solution to the rematch within him, what's anyone else gonna bring to the table? Why has Hearn waited till now to dampen down the speculation about coaching overhauls, knowing what it implies about their view on AJ's chances in the rematch?

In the lead up to Ruiz 2, increasing his mobility and use of his reach were the apparent aims, and that was reflected, not just in the fight itself, but all the noise from AJ's camp in the months leading up to it. You may all recall the talk of taking Johsua from bodybuilder-aesthetic to that of a classic boxer.
                    This time, there is no coherent line about the direction Joshua's training should be taking.

To me, this is telling. My point here is that, contrary to wide opinion, these guys know they're in a real contest this time out, against a proper boxer., to the extent that I'm not convinced even Hearn is confident of this getting turned around.

Going further, still, I believe popular boxing analyses are bordering on superficial. I know nowhere near as much as proper hardcores, but the above will hopefully prompt a wider consideration of boxing in general; in this instance, if Usyk's such a light touch, especially for the BIG men (whatver the f that means), then why is even the motormouth promoter apparently ****ting bricks?
                    Sometimes looking at a situation from he outside, as most fans do 'This simplifies the task at hand'.

But when you are ether the fighter or promoter, and looking at it from their perception, this can over complicate the task.

I personally don't think Joshua needs to solve the enigma code to beat Usyk, and I don't think he needs to evolve into a different fighter. I believe we have already witnessed a version of Joshua, who can beat Usyk 'And that is the original Joshua, before he started to over-complicate things and repress his innate abilities'.

Combination punching, solid jab, determination, physical presence. These are the attributes and skills, that won Joshua Olympic Gold and got him up off the deck to then knock out Wladimir Kiltschko 'In the greatest heavyweight fight of the past 20 years'.

Usyk is a good solid fighter, but I honestly think people are getting carried away with his abilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X