Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Fury Still Hopeful Of Shot At Undisputed Championship As WBC Purse Bid Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Fury Still Hopeful Of Shot At Undisputed Championship As WBC Purse Bid Looms

Tyson Fury's name is once again attached to a rumored undisputed championship showdown as a WBC mandatory title defense looms ahead. For the second time in less than a year, rumors have swirled of a potential step aside fee being considered by at least one party standing in the way of crowning the first ever undisputed heavyweight champion in the four-belt era. Such a bout would require England's Fury--the reigning WBC and lineal champion--and Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk, who holds the WBA "Super"/IBF/WBO/IBO titles--to gain consent from their current linked opponents.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So AJ to step aside?

Comment

LMAO it’s never going to happen £15M that is total purse for Fury vs Usk including the undercard neither fighter has even made that for a fight

Comment

Boxing kingdom news is reporting that Aj is going to step aside for a few and Usyk/Fury will happen in April.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing
        Last edited by Patsfan bri; 01-24-2022, 06:13 AM.

Comment

No idea if joshua would step aside (would be great if he did), but there is no way he is getting paid anywhere near that much to do so.

Comment

Joshua won't take step-aside money. He believes he can beat Usyk, and he will be in a much stronger position from which to negotiate with Fury if he's holding the belts. He's going to roll the dice and take the Usyk fight. As for Fury v Joshua...it *could happen in 2022, but given the nature of boxing these days, I don't think anyone should hold their breath. I could see it being delayed until 2024. Yeah. I wrote that right. I hope I'm wrong. But tell me you don't see that happening too.

Comment

Originally posted by gottesdienst View Post
              Joshua won't take step-aside money. He believes he can beat Usyk, and he will be in a much stronger position from which to negotiate with Fury if he's holding the belts. He's going to roll the dice and take the Usyk fight. As for Fury v Joshua...it *could happen in 2022, but given the nature of boxing these days, I don't think anyone should hold their breath. I could see it being delayed until 2024. Yeah. I wrote that right. I hope I'm wrong. But tell me you don't see that happening too.
              I see a possibility of Fury retirement if he were to defeat Usyk . If Fury wasn’t such a liar I’d say maybe A.J should take a large sum wait fir guaranteed undisputed but sadly we have a heavyweight champion not to be trusted .

What I like is team Fury never sent team Wilder step aside offers and now they want A.J to consider it ?

Comment

Working...
              X