Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell-Viktor Postol Is Showtime Co-Feature on February 26

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell-Viktor Postol Is Showtime Co-Feature on February 26

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Showtime tripleheader scheduled for February 26 was officially announced during the network's three-bout broadcast Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another outstanding card from pbc. Looking forward to seeing how Russell performs at that level against Postol

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Another outstanding card from pbc. Looking forward to seeing how Russell performs at that level against Postol
      GOD is good! All the time! Great card!

Trillz91 Trillz91 mgame mgame like this.

Comment

I think Postol might be too old and taking physical pressure from the much younger Russell at that age is hard to imagine him holding up and being able to mount any lead.. That kind of physical non-stop pressure can really drain a much older fighter and the legs can't move away from the punches, especially a fighter who hasn't fought in a year and a half. Postol would have to use Russell's zero defense against him which may not be enough. I would much rather see Matias against Russell which would be a fight of the year type fight with a guaranteed KO ending.
        Last edited by richardt; 01-23-2022, 01:10 AM.

Comment

who names their children both of them Gary Russell how dumb

Comment

great fight

Comment

As of his last fight Postol has shown he's still at the top of the division. I rate him no 3 after Taylor and Prograis, as for me he beat Ramirez. The concern for me is the long layoff. Given he was still competing at a high level, he should have been back out sooner, as at his age it can catch up with him at any time. I think this might be that time. Antuanne is young, fresh and hungry. But this is still a serious step up for him, particularly if Postol can still produce. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.
              Trillz91 Trillz91 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
                As of his last fight Postol has shown he's still at the top of the division. I rate him no 3 after Taylor and Prograis, as for me he beat Ramirez. The concern for me is the long layoff. Given he was still competing at a high level, he should have been back out sooner, as at his age it can catch up with him at any time. I think this might be that time. Antuanne is young, fresh and hungry. But this is still a serious step up for him, particularly if Postol can still produce. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.
                This is a great fight for Russell! I hope Brandun Lee gets this kind of step-up in his next fight! Would like to see Lee vs. Batyr Akhmedov or Liam Paro! Has Prograis chosen an opponent yet? He hasn't fought since April!!!

Rodtang Rodtang Trillz91 Trillz91 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  This is a great fight for Russell! I hope Brandun Lee gets this kind of step-up in his next fight! Would like to see Lee vs. Batyr Akhmedov or Liam Paro! Has Prograis chosen an opponent yet? He hasn't fought since April!!!
                  Some good match ups there. Not sure about Prograis. Last he said that I saw, was McKenna. But it's gone quiet. Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Some good match ups there. Not sure about Prograis. Last he said that I saw, was McKenna. But it's gone quiet. Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one lol.
                    Maybe Brandun Lee can get Robert Easter Jr.? That would be a good step up for him!

Comment

Working...
                    X