Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Comes In Slightly Overweight, Makes Weight On Second Try

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Comes In Slightly Overweight, Makes Weight On Second Try

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Gary Russell Jr. uncharacteristically came in overweight Friday afternoon for his featherweight title defense against Mark Magsayo on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I smell an upset

Comment

Yep, upset is in the air

Comment

Sitting around, not fighting, to stay champ forever, isn't going to work. Now he has mental, physical, and and weight issues all at once. Getting old is a mfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Sitting around, not fighting, to stay champ forever, isn't going to work. Now he has mental, physical, and and weight issues all at once. Getting old is a mfer.
          He wanted to fight Crawford last year

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

You nailed it on the post

Comment

Very interesting. I don’t remember 1 time where Mr Gary had weigh in issues. Maybe he may be building up to 130. He’s been calling larger guys out.
              This May mean a lot, or it may not matter in the least

Comment

Magsayo by close decision

Comment

Russell shed one full pound, came back for a second attempt was 125.5, so we have a fight!
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

It's definitely a red flag but I'm not sure if Magsayo going to be the one to exploit it.

GRJ normally a very disciplined individual, wonder how his father's medical issues have impacted his preparation for the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X