Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: It's Very Possible That You Can See Me [Fight] Three Times In A Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr: It's Very Possible That You Can See Me [Fight] Three Times In A Year

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Gary Russell Jr. doesn't just want to fight twice in 2022. The WBC featherweight champion claimed Thursday that it's within reason to expect him to box three times during this calendar year. Russell's ambitious statement is sure to evoke strong reactions from fans that often criticize boxing's longest-reigning champion for not fighting more often.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“Like I say, I’m willing to move up and fluctuate my weight. I just refuse to relinquish or vacate my title to move up and stand in line. If I’m gonna move up in weight, let me move up and compete against another champion. That’s it. That’s all.”

I hope Colbert beats Gutierrez! MAN UP!

Comment

Comment

He's leaving it up to God? The Lord helps those who help themselves. Russell Jr needs to talk to his promoter and advisor. Maybe this has been the problem all along. He's been waiting for God to set up fights for him.
        AmpMcv AmpMcv jockpunk jockpunk like this.

Comment

Some people believe grj fights once a year bc that’s what he wants, I don’t believe that. He’s never not been in shape, he fights the #1 contender over and over. He’s willing to take tough fights. He chases fighters and he’s a champion. He’s the big dog at featherweight longest reigning champ in the biz and he NEVER GETS CALLED OUT. Never. He’s a scalp many should want and they don’t. I hope to see him fight 3 times this year

Comment

that **** aint happening.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
              Some people believe grj fights once a year bc that’s what he wants, I don’t believe that. He’s never not been in shape, he fights the #1 contender over and over. He’s willing to take tough fights. He chases fighters and he’s a champion. He’s the big dog at featherweight longest reigning champ in the biz and he NEVER GETS CALLED OUT. Never. He’s a scalp many should want and they don’t. I hope to see him fight 3 times this year
              I mean if he fought more he possibly wouldn't be the longest reigning champ it's easy to hold on to a title fighting limited opposition once a year. I like Russell he is talented but I think the reason he only fights once a year is to preserve his brittle hands that he has always had issues with.

Comment

I dont think anybody buys Russell fighting 3 times in a year. Has he even fought 3 times in 2 years? Davis ducked the hell out of him which was hilarious imo. Both from the same area too. Shame.

Comment

what does he get from the mud?

Comment

It's very very very possible he won't fight three times in a year ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X