Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Bakole Petitions IBF To Block Hrgovic-Yoka, Seeks Rescheduled Fight With Yoka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Bakole Petitions IBF To Block Hrgovic-Yoka, Seeks Rescheduled Fight With Yoka

The one heavyweight willing to next face Filip Hrgovic could wind up having to go to the back of the line. BoxingScene.com has learned that Tony Yoka could be forced to bow out of an ordered final title eliminator with Hrgovic, with the winner of the still-discussed fight to become the IBF heavyweight mandatory challenger to reigning and unified IBF/WBA/WBO/IBO titlist Oleksandr Usyk (19-0, 13KOs). Paris' Yoka accepted an invitation from the New Jersey-based sanctioning body on January 13, at which point he was instructed to begin talks with Croatia's Hrgovic for a fight between former amateur rivals.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This could be a mess. If Yoka's fight was indeed postponed, and not cancelled, it could technically render him "unavailable" to participate in the eliminator.

Maybe Bakole is just rattling a tin cup for some step-aside money.......

Comment

Considering he petitioned the IBF and the IBF finally found a opponent for Hrogvic I doubt they'll listen.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I doubt this will go in favor of Bakole since it isn’t a title fight and is similar to what Wallin tried to do with Whyte when Whyte cancelled their fight because he was going to be next up for Fury! However, stranger things have happened ….

Comment

Both bakole v yoka and yoka v Hrgovic are good fights. I hope at least one happens, eventually!

Comment

Man Bakole move out the way

Comment

It was probably one of Bakole’s biggest fights & paydays so I get why he is trying to salvage the fight. I doubt the IBF will stop the Yoka/Hrgovic fight. It has history & is a good fight.

Comment

Give Bakole a good opponent on the undercard...
                Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

This is more befitting. Yoka vs hrgovic should be that champ wilder vs fury buld up of 2 champs . fighting now would set both back with a loss. Plus both need legit opps to gage where at. Hrgovic vs chisora to hugie fury would be good test likewise for hrgovic. With fury n wilder aging out n aj with no jaw usyk 2 yrs max hold of on yoka vs hrgovic til champs or less fight is for belts

Comment

Bakole vs the mighty fists of Hughie Fury is what we want. We all saw Hughie's incredible stoppage of Hammer, something the Cuban Flash never came close to doing. Get it made. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                    X