Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Reacts To Hearn Saying Conor Benn Would KO Him in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Reacts To Hearn Saying Conor Benn Would KO Him in Two Rounds

Amir Khan says he is not ruling out a future showdown with Conor Benn, but insists he is currently on a different path. Khan is training in Colorado as he prepares for his long-awaited grudge fight against Kell Brook in Manchester on February 19.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Eddie should just go ahead and make Benn vs. Mo' Hooker! Hooker was looking good vs. Ortiz for a good bit, jab was landing at will! Would be good experience for Conor Benn!

Comment

Classy response from Khan. The first time i ever enjoyed his comment. I thought he was always delusional but he showed some bright side with his response

Comment

Benn would eat this version of Khan inside 4. Brook should be able to pick khan off with his timing and have enough power early on to get khan on bambi legs again and get a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by BomaE View Post
          Classy response from Khan. The first time i ever enjoyed his comment. I thought he was always delusional but he showed some bright side with his response
          Haha, he's nailed the point in totality, here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Eddie should just go ahead and make Benn vs. Mo' Hooker! Hooker was looking good vs. Ortiz for a good bit, jab was landing at will! Would be good experience for Conor Benn!
            I think Benn prefers a domestic level. He hasn't mentioned anybody other than Khan or Brook with the exception of Broner and Broner is a name at best nowadays and poses zero threat to Benn. I think Hooker could be a real test for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by BomaE View Post
              Probably the right way to close the talk down without biting back. Beating Benn does nothing for Khan’s career and losing ends it so there’s nothing in it for him but money
              Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I think Benn prefers a domestic level. He hasn't mentioned anybody other than Khan or Brook with the exception of Broner and Broner is a name at best nowadays and poses zero threat to Benn. I think Hooker could be a real test for him though.
                Conor Benn: I Don't Need Tune-Ups; Hearn Eyeing Hooker, Broner, Guerrero

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn alluded to more feasible opponents for Benn, who is currently ranked as the No. 5 contender by the WBC, WBA and IBF, and No. 7 by the WBO.

"Broner would like a fight before because he is on a new crusade of seriousness where he wants to have one last run at it," said Hearn. "He says he's ready for Conor Benn, but wants to fight in March if possible. If not, two names we like are Robert Guerrero and Maurice Hooker at The O2 [in London]. It will be one of those three names most likely."

https://www.boxingscene.com/conor-be...errero--163410

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

Probably the right way to close the talk down without biting back. Beating Benn does nothing for Khan’s career and losing ends it so there’s nothing in it for him but money
                  At this stage of his career its only about the money, he aint getting no random world title opportunities should he beat Brook, even IF he did i cant see them paying more then a uk showdown with benn would. Khan simply isnt a name worth having on the record of the currenr champions at this point, think Crawford was the last to milk that out of khan.

Comment

Benn vs the Brook-Khan winner would do great I'd watch that. Time to step it up after that though. Dude's 25 already hardly a pup.

Comment

Working...
                    X