Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Not Worried About Date Clash: Taylor-Serrano is Bigger Than Stevenson-Valdez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Not Worried About Date Clash: Taylor-Serrano is Bigger Than Stevenson-Valdez

Eddie Hearn, promoter of undisputed lightweight champion Katie Taylor, believes her looming showdown with Amanda Serrano will tower over other events that are scheduled on the same date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not a single soul will watch Taylor-Serrano over Stevenson-Valdez.

Comment

Yeah Hearn really should move the date a week
      Robi13 Robi13 likes this.

Comment

Not a chance I am watching a womens boxing match over a match-up between Valdez/Stevenson. Put out a poll and see for yourself Hearn. Either make sure there is no time conflict or change the date to max views.

Comment

Don't be daft Eddie. A 130lb unification between two of the best in the division is gonna be watched more than Katie Taylor

Comment

The biggest womens fight ever probably wouldn’t even crack the top 1000 most popular mens fight.

Comment

Moving the date would be smart but it's Eddie so expect MSG at 40% capacity.

Comment

Taylor/Serrano is not only more competitive, its also more important. BUT boxing is male dominated in fanbase and the Stevenson/Valdez 1-sided beat down will be dominant with viewers.

Comment

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will watch both. It just comes down to which one do I watch live and which one do I watch on replay. That all depends on what time everything comes on. So, Hearn has the right thought there. If the main events are on at EXACTLY the same time, I'm not sure which I'll turn on live. I'm not a huge fan of women's boxing, but I like Serrano a lot because she get's the KO's or beats up her opponents and has mad skills. And I think Serrano-Taylor will be a war. I watch some of the other really good women, too (Taylor, Mayer, Super Bad Estrada). But, overall, women's boxing isn't that exciting because of the low KO's (like watching Leo Santa Cruz fight - ugh), the low skill level for most of them, and the lack of depth for good, competitive match-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                    Taylor/Serrano is not only more competitive, its also more important. BUT boxing is male dominated in fanbase and the Stevenson/Valdez 1-sided beat down will be dominant with viewers.
                    More important lol no
                    Boxing fan1981 Boxing fan1981 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X