Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: Adames Wasn't Ready To Fight February 19, We Moved Forward With Ballard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Munguia: Adames Wasn't Ready To Fight February 19, We Moved Forward With Ballard

Jaime Munguia entered his most recent fight under the impression that his next one would come in a final eliminator. A string of events prevented that from happening, with the unbeaten former WBO junior middleweight titlist instead settling for activity rather than waiting on perhaps the more significant opportunity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How convenient to be cemented on a date and say that the other fighter wasn't ready. Jaime has improved his skills but continues to fight sub tier fighters.
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

"Advanced talks were in place for an eliminator with Derevyanchenko, though the outcome prompted Munguia and his team—Golden Boy Promotions and Zanfer Boxing—to keep him active."

So if Dervy had won, then what?

Comment

Mungia will continue to face people he is supposed to beat and pad his record until he falls into a mega payday. His defense is horrible and the first heavy handed guy he faces that is talented destroys him IMO

Comment

Mungo is muscling and outworking foes, but he's not out boxing anybody. He eats leather and throws wide shots. I can understand why they keep him away from big talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Mungia will continue to face people he is supposed to beat and pad his record until he falls into a mega payday. His defense is horrible and the first heavy handed guy he faces that is talented destroys him IMO
            Yeah, can you imagine a better FOTY contender than an old GGG vs Munguia? A sadists dream fight.

Comment

Move the fight to end of march and I bet Adames is ready by then

Comment

38-0 and not a single notable win on that record. He's only 26 or so but Jesus FC,enough with the training wheels and handlebar tassels already,same **** with Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Yeah, can you imagine a better FOTY contender than an old GGG vs Munguia? A sadists dream fight.
                  I wouldn't mind seeing Mungia against GGG or Charlo or Andrade or any sort of higher caliber fighter other than the Dennis Hogans of the world

Comment

Call me biased all you want but I am not buying what Munguia is selling here, nope! Sounds like he is running for the hills. I can't blame him though.
                    Had Adames not won the fight who do you think he would have been fighting next? Yeah, exactly! I call BS.
                    Last edited by illpapi; 01-18-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X