Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Happy Birthday, Champ: Ranking Muhammad Ali's Most Memorable Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Happy Birthday, Champ: Ranking Muhammad Ali's Most Memorable Fights

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Monday was Muhammad Ali's birthday. He would have been 80 years old. And if you don't miss him, well...maybe this isn't the website for you. Anyway, to mark the milestone, it occurred to me that compiling a list of his 10 best fights would be a worthwhile tribute. And it'd be a fun task for a windy, rainy morning in Florida, too.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rumble possibly not goat but surely the most famous boxing match ever.

Comment

One of the greatest of all time, certainly the most multitalented heavyweight in boxing history.

Pound for pound, just a mythical thing, but right up there after Sugar Ray Robinson, of all time.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

"The legend had to begin somewhere, right?"

Funny this: in England, Ali's fight (back when he was still Cassius Clay) against Henry Cooper is massively famous. Maybe it just underlines a cultural difference between the US and the UK.

Comment

Was that the one where Cooper dropped him and there was a dubious count?

Got to give Ali credit for traveling, they seemed to go round the world in those days.

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Funny this: in England, Ali's fight (back when he was still Cassius Clay) against Henry Cooper is massively famous. Maybe it just underlines a cultural difference between the US and the UK.

Comment

It's famous to just about everyone, Fitz is a crap writer and a bogus journalist. Ranking the Wepner fight is a joke.

Comment

Wonderful memories for me. People today who didn't actually live through it can't imagine. For weeks leading up to "The Fight" in February of 71', all the kids in school spoke of nothing but Ali and Frazier as we shadowboxed on the playground at recess. Life magizine devoted their covers to the fight, one before and one after. It was seemingly all that was covered on the evening news. No World Cup, Super Bowl, Olympic games or World series ever came close to capturing the attention of the planet.
              bimhead bimhead likes this.

Comment

I quite Agree

Comment

"Made" the below awhile ago. I had been wanting to watch the first Ali Frazier fight in 720p 60FPS HD for a long time but couldn't ever find it. A year ago ESPN replayed it for it's anniversary and it finally made it to youtube but it had a scoreticker on the bottom and some annoying banners on the side too which I removed both of. For those who may not know, if you watch the video here in the box below you will have to manually change the quality by clicking the gear symbol in the lower right of the video.

Comment

He could never be forgotten , he lives in the life's of true boxing people. R.I.P. great one.

Comment

Working...
                    X