Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith - Boxing's Working-Class Fighter, Does His Job Once Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith - Boxing's Working-Class Fighter, Does His Job Once Again

By Corey Erdman - In an era in which hustle culture is glamorized, there's no shortage of people who proclaim they're never not working. For some that may be true, although for those for whom it is, it's likely not something they're particularly happy about. For others, it's a more boastful, if not disingenuous way of embracing a bootstrap mentality.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When was the last time we cheered for a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Joe is borderline, family owns the business, it's not like he's hard up. Joe gave Hopkins his pink slip, a fond farewell, that's to brag on.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      When was the last time we cheered for a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Joe is borderline, family owns the business, it's not like he's hard up. Joe gave Hopkins his pink slip, a fond farewell, that's to brag on.
      A silver spoon lmao. His family owns a trailer, a chainsaw, and a rake. He works a 9 to 5 while maintaining a light heavy belt and fighting the best fighters of anyone in his division. I'm gonna cheer for the man who is fighting the best competition while having the best performances as well. I am curious who you gonna cheer for? The ghost of Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

Aren’t most boxers from working class backgrounds?
        krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Beast View Post

A silver spoon lmao. His family owns a trailer, a chainsaw, and a rake. He works a 9 to 5 while maintaining a light heavy belt and fighting the best fighters of anyone in his division. I'm gonna cheer for the man who is fighting the best competition while having the best performances as well. I am curious who you gonna cheer for? The ghost of Bernard Hopkins?
          i dont own a chainsaw. he sounds like another one of these chainsaw elitists to me
          mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Joe Smith vs one of the Paul brothers. It would be fun to see a common man beat down a superficial man.

Comment

Working...
            X